D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Ranger Favoured Enemy Ranged Damage Bonuses

Volaran

First Post
I'm just taking a look through my new PHB, and I've noticed the descriptions for favoured enemies, ranged attacks aren't specified as needing to be within 30 feet to benefit from the damage bonus. Has this changed, or is it listed somewhere else?

Li Shenron

Legend
Volaran said:
I'm just taking a look through my new PHB, and I've noticed the descriptions for favoured enemies, ranged attacks aren't specified as needing to be within 30 feet to benefit from the damage bonus. Has this changed, or is it listed somewhere else?

Can someone with 3.5 PHB clarify if Favoured Enemies bonus to damage is not anymore a matter of "striking vital spots" or something similar, therefore not only works beyond 30ft but also works on monsters immune to critical hits/sneak attack/etc.?

Darklone

I can't say anything about the precise stuff, but yes, the 30ft are gone. Nice change IMHO.

I think they are gone for WS too?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Re: Re: [3.5] Ranger Favoured Enemy Ranged Damage Bonuses

Li Shenron said:

Can someone with 3.5 PHB clarify if Favoured Enemies bonus to damage is not anymore a matter of "striking vital spots" or something similar, therefore not only works beyond 30ft but also works on monsters immune to critical hits/sneak attack/etc.?

I can happily confirm that this is now the case. You can usefully take undead/constructs/whatnots as your favoured enemy and get your full favoured enemy damage bonus against them.

Cheers

Remove ads