D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Spells (New & Changes)

kallisti_dk

First Post
Touch of idiocy is a touch spell (naturally) that gives a 1d6 penalty to int, wis and cha for 10 min/lvl. Possibly making it impossible for the target to cast some of it's spells.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
kallisti_dk said:
Touch of idiocy is a touch spell (naturally) that gives a 1d6 penalty to int, wis and cha for 10 min/lvl. Possibly making it impossible for the target to cast some of it's spells.

Wow, it's like a 2nd level Feeblemind spell! Imagine an empowered version of that! At the least, it can be more effective on higher level targets (who, if they fail their save (there is a save ,yes?) are more likely to lose their higher level spells...

Does it specify "enhancement penalty" in the same way as ray of enfeeblement, in order to prevent the attack stacking with itself?

Cheers

Jalkain

First Post
kallisti_dk said:
Re:Touch of Idiocy
There's no save (nasty). Its an unnamed penalty, so I guess it stacks. (even nastier)

I'd say that is pretty powerful for second level. I can see a lot of people giving this spell to their familiar to touch onto the enemy wizard.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Jalkain said:

I'd say that is pretty powerful for second level. I can see a lot of people giving this spell to their familiar to touch onto the enemy wizard.

I'd say its an overpowered 2nd level spell. At way too many levels a 1d6 hit to int/wiz/chr can cripple a spellcaster. I don't feel like giving all my npcs an absurd stat just so after 1 spell they aren't removed from doing anything effective.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Yikes! This is a second-level spell that will almost certainly take out any animal. Druids, you better not send your dire tiger companions after that unarmed wizard any longer -- unless the wizard rolls a "1" on her damage to the tiger's INT, your tiger buddy is going down!

Worse yet, combine it with spectral hand for some real nastiness.

It seems to me like its main use will be against creatures who already have a very low INT, WIS, or CHA: against them, you might be able to pull off a no-save touch-attack instadeath with a second-level spell, which is slightly problematic.

Can someone confirm that that's what the spell does?

Daniel

heirodule

First Post
Overland Flight

I can't believe that all of these changes were adequtely playtested.

Anyway, it strikes me that Overland Flight is pretty poor in comparison to Phantom Steed, which has an insane movement rate.

Or did they nerf poor little phantom steed too.

I don't think Phantom Steed could get nerfed - the mount doesn't have that many hit points. It's really easy for a Fireball or an arrow to knock you out of the sky.

Remove ads