• 3.5 D&D (with Late Splat)

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Pathfinder (Core Only)

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Pathfinder (with Splat)

Votes: 15 21.7%

Gilladian

Adventurer
I answered 3.5 with early splat, but that's not really true. I play a HEAVILY modified version of 3.5 right now (Epic 6th) wherein advancement stops at 6th level and only feats can be earned after that. Almost no prestige classes, only a very few 4th level spells (usually castable as rituals by groups of casters), few powerful monsters above 10 HD, etc...

It isn't perfect, but it works to give the flavor of the game I enjoy. I've pulled feats from just about every splat, but only those suitable for characters below 6th level, and not all of them, either.

Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I answered 3.5 with early splat, but that's not really true. I play a HEAVILY modified version of 3.5 right now (Epic 6th) wherein advancement stops at 6th level and only feats can be earned after that. Almost no prestige classes, only a very few 4th level spells (usually castable as rituals by groups of casters), few powerful monsters above 10 HD, etc...

It isn't perfect, but it works to give the flavor of the game I enjoy. I've pulled feats from just about every splat, but only those suitable for characters below 6th level, and not all of them, either.

I must admit, I have really been impressed with the E6 stuff I finally got around to reading last week. It's a rather good game. Frankly, I could happily run that if I ever went back to 3.5E.

Pathfinder with Splats + 3PP pathfinder, adding in 3.x + Splats (early and late) + 3PP products, plus pieces from D20 games (Monte's Arcana Unearthed, Iron Heroes and such).

Elf Witch

First Post
I voted for 3.0 even though we rarely use it. There were a lot of things about it I enjoyed with the exception of the ranger and the sorcerer having no class skills based on charisma.

We play 3.5 with most of the splats. I do like Pathfinder and we have added some of the rules to our current game.

Hakeashar

First Post
Have truly enjoyed 3.5, think I might have missed out on actually using ToM and Bo9S since they came out far later and came across as what I consider 4E became. I didn't make it a point to check out any of the Libris Mortis/BoVD/etc which provided numerous broken things.
My enjoyment usually comes from spur of the moment creativity (love playing spellcasters, if that was not apparent). Latest triumph there was enlarging a party member who was subsequently attacked by skeletons (with 2 attacks!) at the far 5' square of the 10' space to his left and same to his right (think almost flanking). Then holding my action until their attacks triggered and cast benign transposition, placing myself neatly in the square non-adjacent to either of them! The GM ruled I needed to roll a 3 on a d4 to choose the right square. Managed to squeak that one out without any blood loss! /chuckles. Good times

Remove ads