D&D 4E 4E FRCS Cover: NOOOOOOOOOO!

The cover is okay.

As for most everyone's favorite Drow on the cover..... no biggie.

If they had to go this way I wish it was a more action packed cover with whomever he is hanging out with in the future.

Traycor said:
I'm not sure what everyone is freaking out about. This cover is a piece of art that is several years old. Obviously it isn't going to be the new FR cover. That art was used for the Drizzt mini waaay back.

Here, I'm going to post the mini art, the new art, and then I overlayed the two of them. They are obviously the same picture.

p4e_frcs.jpg

mi_afer_sm.jpg

Overlay.jpg

pheew. That cover was practically the first thing i really disliked about 4th Edition FR. I like pretty much all of the other covers though. So, thanks Traycor ^^

kunadam

Adventurer
Vicar In A Tutu said:
However, one cover rocks (IMHO). The cover of the Character Record Sheets. We get a classic D&D party (fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard) battling a green dragon in a classic dungeon environment. The cover is filled with action, at the same time it slightly de-emphasises the
Thank for pointing out that piece of art. The only cover that I like. Bring back the fond memories of 2nd ed art. They are evocative. The DMG is kinda OK, MM should feature a bit more monster.

The FR cover is just BAD. I have nothing against Drizzd (but I would prefer Elminster), but the lack of distinction and the lack of FR logo is *&%(*&*&^ I can't find a bad enough word. :(

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
4E FRCS Cover: YEEEEEEEEES!

I like it. It makes sense to put Drizzt on the cover. Hell, if I was WotC and if I was to put out a 4e Dragonlance book, I'd put the Heroes of the Lance on the cover.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Nebulous said:
Hmm. Now that you mention it, maybe that's what sticks in my craw. I still would have liked it better if it had Drizzt DOING something, like slamming a scimitar through an orc. My recollection of past FR covers had a female paladin on a warhorse, and didn't the gray box have the Blood Riders? 3e just had the generic book cover, which i incidentally did enjoy. I can't say i hate seeing Drizzt there, but it could have been better.

Drizzt IS doing something in the picture, though.

He's wondering if his butt looks big in that armor....

:p

Remove ads