• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E or 3.5 or something else - what's in your future?

How are you planning on playing D&D after 4E is out?

• I'm going 4E all the way!

Votes: 61 20.9%
  • I'm going to play 3.x and 4E

Votes: 36 12.3%
  • I'm staying with 3.x, and may or may not use some 4E rules as house rules

Votes: 124 42.5%
  • Other (which I explain below in superior fashion)

Votes: 71 24.3%

Korgoth

First Post
I am currently playing in a Classic D&D campaign, and I am planning a "Sword, Science and Sorcery" OD&D (1974) game called Xulrua (which will be effectively my own supplement, in the tradition of Greyhawk, FFC & Blackmoor, etc.).

So, Classic D&D and OD&D '74.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
A good many of us have played this game just before First Edition came on the scene and we have stayed with it through 3.5.

But we have come to a consensus that it stops at 3.5.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
We may do some bouncing back and forth unless I can figure out how to run Rise of the Runelords, Necropolis, and some other Necromancer modules with the 4E rules. My players are interested in 4E, and I've been won over finally, so we might have a couple games going for a while.

We're currently playing a True20 Darwin's World campaign.

Derro

First Post
I will continue to play d20stein.

Fashioned from the stitched up corpses of d20 Conan, d20 Modern, and OCD it is sometimes lulled into role-playing and sometimes goes berzerk and smashes everything.

:p

GammaPaladin

First Post
Note that I'm not saying I'll never play 4e. Just that it probably won't be for a couple years, if I decide that I like the system even.

If I see a lot of Bo9S type stuff in it, I may want to change over eventually. But if they cut that back too much then I probably won't.

The Cardinal

First Post
I'm going to finish my two active D&D campaigns (settings: JG's Wilderlands, Goodman Games' Áereth/DCC setting) - then I'm going with C&C and/or GURPS4e Dungeon Fantasy.

Sphyre

First Post
[I'm going to play 3.x and 4E]

As a player I'll play either. As a DM I don't want to play 3.x again... eww, eww, eww, keep it off, disgusting! 3.x requires system mastery to play as a player, and a great deal of work to DM. While I have system mastery to make characters and that's all fun and good for me, I greatly await the DM tools and balance 4e to has to offer the games I DM. No longer do I have a party of power houses and others as dead weight.

So if I have no one who wants to run a 3.5 game, then I'll play 4e all the way, but as a player I didn't have a problem playing 3.5 at all.

"Wouldn't it be nice for you to refill the GM's glass right now? GMing is thirsty work."

Sphyre said:
[I'm going to play 3.x and 4E]

As a player I'll play either. As a DM I don't want to play 3.x again... eww, eww, eww, keep it off, disgusting! 3.x requires system mastery to play as a player, and a great deal of work to DM. While I have system mastery to make characters and that's all fun and good for me, I greatly await the DM tools and balance 4e to has to offer the games I DM. No longer do I have a party of power houses and others as dead weight.

So if I have no one who wants to run a 3.5 game, then I'll play 4e all the way, but as a player I didn't have a problem playing 3.5 at all.

"Wouldn't it be nice for you to refill the GM's glass right now? GMing is thirsty work."
No, system mastery actually breaks 3.5... and thats just wrong.

I tried playing 3.5 two weeks ago, and i was disgusted...

I will not stay with 3.5. Play experience with system masters who use their mastery is pretty bad. Not beeing able to make use of your mastery is also bad.

I will go 4th edition or i will go back to 2nd...

Remove ads