• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Popularity Contest: Which D&D Experience preview character is your favorite?

Which of the D&D Experience preview characters is your favorite?

• Corrin Reedson (male halfling paladin)

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Erais the Sunlord (male human cleric)

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Kathra Ironforge (female dwarf fighter)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Riardon Brightvale (male eladrin ranger)

Votes: 43 24.6%
  • Skamos Redmoon (male tiefling wizard)

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • Tira Duskmeadow (female half-elf warlock)

Votes: 20 11.4%

• Poll closed .

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
We have seen the previews of 6 4E characters...including the actual character sheets themselves, chock full of crunchy goodness.

Which one do you like the best? Why?

Corrin Reedson (male halfling paladin)
Erais the Sunlord (male human cleric)
Kathra Ironforge (female dwarf fighter)
Riardon Brightvale (male eladrin ranger)
Skamos Redmoon (male tiefling wizard)
Tira Duskmeadow (female half-elf warlock)

(need to loook them over again? Get them here, 1MB .Zip download)

Me, I like Erais (the cleric.) I am probably biased; it has been my favorite character class since the Red Box rules. But even so, there is a lot of good in this class.

First and most importantly, I absolutely love the new Turn Undead. There are no tables to consult, and undead are held back instead of forced to run. (I've always wondered how a creature that was mindless and/or immune to fear could be forced to flee?)

The prayers aren't called spells. I know that is a very minor thing, but it is a very minor thing that always bothered me, like a dripping faucet.

Healing magic seems to be tied to healing surges...instead of a cure light wounds effect, we get Healing Word, which allows its target to heal extra points on a healing surge. The paladin's Lay on Hands ability allows him to transfer one of his healing surges to another person. And so on. I think this is an interesting way to do it.

But clericlove aside, all of the classes are very interesting (my second favorite is the fighter, closely followed by the ranger.) I am looking forward to getting to play each and every one of them.

Last edited:

Colmarr

First Post
Fighter for me. I've always been a fan of tanks and the new "sticky" fighter from 4e seems much closer to the idea of a protector than any other rpg class I've seen.

Cyronax

Explorer
I was a big fan of the eladrin ranger. I came expecting to enjoy the wizard or warlock, and ended up playing the ranger for the lion's share of the events.

C.I.D.

keterys

First Post
I actually thought the ranger was the most boring character - very solid and effective, yes, but also the most straightforward with the least interesting stuff to do.

I liked all the rest quite a lot.

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Voted for Kathra Ironforge (female dwarf fighter). The Cleave just got my attention. Imagining my fighter hack through the hoards of minions to trying to attack our precious wizard :)... wow!!!

Belorin

Explorer
Voted for the Wizard, my favorite class followed by Ranger.
The fact that he was a Tiefling was a non-issue, although some of the Tiefling racial stuff looked interesting.

Bel

Primal

First Post
The wizard, definitely. Just make sure that your wizard has the Resistance power and you can single-handedly fight and kill any monster who deals element damage (I suggest that your buddies just leave the Encounter Area and let you kill the monsters with your At-Will powers).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads