• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th IR: OOC Thread

Serpenteye

First Post
My first reaction on reading WRs post about this was relief. I had a sneaking suspicion something bad had happened to Edena, that his health had taken a turn for the worse. A computer,well it sucks for him to loose all that money and internetting, but otoh...
-
The IR can never be as good without Edena. Sure there are plenty of talented DMs and players here, but nobody seems to think they can fill his shoes, I know I couldn't. Some of you could take over the game and do a great job at it, but few would probably have the same degree of dedication towards the game, the stamina and stubbornness to keep it up, I wouldn't but you might. Of course, I know most of you on a pretty superficial level, so my perspective is rather limited.
I think it would be possible to start a new, good, IR. It would probably be a lot of fun, but it's a heavy burden for a DM to carry, even if it would be fun. And it will not always be fun, even Edena's IRs were not always fun, for him or the players. It takes a lot of dedication to take a game of such nature as an IR to its natural conclusion, trough the good times and the bad. A word of warning, redundant, I'm sure you all know it. If anyone of you still think they can make an IR work, that's wonderful and I wish you the best of luck. It'd be really interesting to read. Perhaps I'd even play, if you'd let me ;).

My vote.
* Put the game on hold until Edena can come back and DM again.
* Start a new game in the interrim (if we can find a DM).

And I believed it was common knowledge that I am the very incarnation of Evil.

And yet I am far more hated than you. :D

Timothy

First Post
We allready have 5 players who are interested and support an interrim IR. I think that is enough. The trick now is that we'll have to choose a DM.

I will run myself but will let you know that I am not suited for running it like edena did. I am very enthousiastic for the IR and will put a lot of work in it. The thing with me is though, that as soonas I get the feeling what I'm doing is an obligation, I'll slowly do less and less. With the IR this will take a long time to happen so If nobody else is gonna do it, and you trust me enough to let me do it I will.

People that have said they could DM an Interrim IR.

Creamsteak
Timothy
TFO (Thinking of it.)

Furthermore I would ask if William candidates himself. I really believe he would be up to that task, and I'm not the only one.

Timothy

First Post
That's why I said it would go slow, because I would have to look up the rules on a lot of matters. But I am only running one if nobody else will and some players do want to play.

You don't HAVE to play though.

Serpenteye

First Post
The Forsaken One said:

That proves that I'm more sneaky then you :p

Well, you certainly seem to be less of a threat.

And Timothy with all due respect but you don't even know near enough to play an IR considering d&d rules and settings.

That was unnecessary. Timothy has written some excellent posts in the IR. Even if he might have lacking knowledge about the settings that hardly matters since the setting will be changed beyond recognition pretty swiftly. Rules-knowledge matters even less since the IR hardly uses DnD rules except as optional flavor text. He seems to be as good a role player as anyone else in the IR and that is what really matters.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
I'll have to talk to Creamsteak about this but if he agrees, I wouldn't mind Co-DMing the interrim-IR with him.
??? Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and find out what he's talking about, won't I?

William Ronald

Explorer
I thought I would give people a chance to vote before I cast my vote. So, here are my thoughts.

I don't think an IR without Edena would be the same.

So, I vote for either choice 2 or choice 3. If Edena wishes to continue where we were, great. If he wishes to start over, with some more rules, that is great as well. I have to respect his wishes. I tend to lean towards 3 if only because it will give Edena a chance for a fresh start. (Some of the actions that occured so far may or may not be possible in any rules Edena may create when he returns.) In some ways, this situation resembles what happened in the aborted thread before the 3rd IR. (The thread ended because of server problems at EN World. Hmm, they seemed to have found someway to keep the Red Death away from the computers here.)

Mind you, there were a lot of elements in the aborted thread that were carried over to the 3rd IR. So, whatever Edena wishes to do, I shall support. (I see a lot of merit in arguments for choices 2 and 3. I think it may be easier for Edena to start over again with a new rule set. Certain things might be hard to explain in the existing 4th IR under any rules Edena may create.)

creamsteak, I think Sollir was offering to help co-DM your game.

Creamsteak, maybe tell us a little more about your game. I think it might give us a chance to keep the group together. (I have no idea how long it will be until Edena comes back.)

When I hear from Edena again, I will give your regards to him. I thought I should say again that he thinks this is a wonderful group of players. I think he will be pleased to know how much everyone has enjoyed the IR so far.

TFO, I think Timothy has played well as the IR has been pretty free form. Remember, no need to argue here.

Timothy

First Post
Okay, I think these are all the votes for now. 10 votes for freezing the game, 4 for ending it and 0 for continueing with another moderator.

Also 6 people so far have expressed they would be interested in an Interrim IR. 4 people so far can DM it.

Based on this result, I would say to get an interrim IR going and let endena decide what he wants to do with the 4th IR when he comes back. (Let's just hope that that will be soon)

Could everyone that wishes to play in or dm an interrim IR and that haven't said anything allready say something now? Thanks.

Also, Thanx, Serpenteye and William.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads