• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th IR: OOC Thread

Timothy

First Post
Hey all.

I was wondering if I could get some more info on the athasian armies I have. I just heared that the dragon kins destroy things even if I could trun them to lawful good, but I was wondering what the status of the other athasian forces was.

The Thri-keen
The undead
and the armies of Athas.

Also, I'm willing to trade the Dragon kings of athas, and even the undead of Athas (also evil I presume).

I woul like to trade the dragonkings with Melkor for the Coral kingdom. And at the same time want to know more of the coral kingdom before I say yes. The undead are also availble, maybe in exchange for Unther.

I'm willing to trade them with Sollirt in exchange of the Forest of Amtar and the Eastern Shaar.

I don't think any of the other powers are interested are have an area they could trade me for it.

Edit: This trade is meant to take place IC, between Muad Dha Bin and however wants the trade. I will discuss this with the dragon kings, although they are under the influence of the domination books. I understand if this plan is disaproved of by Edena, but let Edenma be the one who decides that.

Thanks in advance everyone for the info.

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
Edena, I put some links for Kara-Tur in william's thread.

These are the Powers in Kara-Tur. In PL Kara-Tur would probarly around the same as the whole of fearun, but that is up to you. Maybe Hemel can start with just a couple of holdings there, so he has the same amount of power that the other do.

Shou Lung
An Empire greater them Mulhorand in it's haydays, it is divided in 14 provinces.

T'u Lung
Divided in 6 provinces and 28 townships.

Tabot
A much more powerful version of Tibet.

The Plain of horses
A great plane inhabited by Tribes, resembles mongolia

The Norther Wastes
A Diverse region with three different nations in it. South of the Land of snow deamons (Siberia on earth)

The Malatra (Jungle lands)
Divided in three nations.

The Island Kingdoms
Relativly new kingdoms, in the south.

Koryo
A peninsula south of Shou Lung

Kozakura
Also a nation of islands.

Wa
Another Nation of islands, that has known oeace fort a long time and developped other unterests then military alone.

Information from the Kara Tur boxed set.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
THE IR: CHOICES

I posted some of this in the main thread.

I spoke with Edena this afternoon. He tried to start his computer, a G-4 Macintosh, this morning and it would not start. So, he is unable to come to the EN Boards and respond to your posts. (He was looking forward to this, as he is feeling much better. He said he is very impressed by the quality of the posts in the IR and by the players.) He wishes he could come to the boards and respond to your posts.

Edena told me that he will try to purchase a G-5 Macintosh, which should be out on the market in a few months.

We need to stop posting here and go to the IR: OOC thread where I will relate the rest of what he said to me.

The IR: Choices

Edena said that we have a decision to make. He will likely be away from the EN Boards for sometime. When I spoke with him today, he asked me to tell you how sorry he is that he will not be able to continue as moderator. He enjoyed the IR and hopes that you have enjoyed it as well. (I know I have. I think the IR has attracted some of the best players at EN World in its various incarnations.)

We can continue the IR with another moderator. This is no easy task. To truly do the IR and its players justice, would likely take about three hours every day. So, there would be a great deal of work for a dedicated moderator.

So, we have choices.

One, we could continue the IR with another moderator. This is no easy task, even if the work was divided between two people.

Two, we could freeze the IR as it now stands and wait until Edena can go online again. This will likely not be for several months.

Three, we could end the IR and Edena could start another IR after he gets a new computer and can come back to the boards.

None of these choices are easy. I think there needs to be STRONG concensus on a decision. So, I will try to moderate this online discussion.

Regardless of what decision we make as a group, I have enjoyed this IR. Because of this IR and the 3rd IR, I have meet people on line whom I might not have met otherwise. I think we should all thank Edena for his hard work and for creating the IR. He hopes to be online in a few months with a new computer. Additionally, he will try to attend Gen Con and would like to have an IR gathering during the convention. (I meet Black Omega from the 3rd IR last year at Gen Con during the EN World gathering. It is always nice to meet someone from the boards.)

So post here, and let me know what you think. I will be back in a few hours to start reading your responses.

Lichtenhart

First Post
So the Red Death infected Edena's PC? I blame TFO! It's all his fault! :D

More seriously, I'm very sad about what happened cause I was really enjoying the game and the players. :)

My vote is to wait for him. When he'll come back (is his PC beyond repair?), he'll decide if he wants to go on or start again from scratch. I'll be here waiting, because dragons can wait. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, I'd prefer it that we stop. I don't think that it would ever be the same without Edena.

If someone wants to have an 'impromptu' IR, that's fine with me. If nobody else offers, despite having really failed last-time, I'm willing to try for an IR in a homebrew world of my own creation. One created specifically for an IR, and one where I go for free-form. If I do this, I can have a map prepared in roughly 3 days, and a list of powers in about the same.

Festy_Dog

First Post
I vote for a freeze until Edena's back online, and I can wait just about any length of time for a game this good. :D

But if the majority says otherwise I'll go with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads