• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th level spell suggestions for 7th lvl wizard?

My wizard hit 7th level, and I've got to pick two new spells. 4th level, woo-hoo!

I already have Greater Invis., Resilient Sphere, Polymorph, and Dimensional Anchor from a spellbook my pc acquired. So, now I get to pick two more "for free".....

I was thinking of Dimension Door, but do you have any other suggestions? The game isn't for 3 more hours, so I have lots of time to decide. :p

(This is the same character I asked for feat suggestions in this thread.)

Thanks for any input!

Thanee

First Post
Dimension Door is a must-have.
Evard's Black Tentacles is pretty nasty.
Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer can be quite useful, if you have lots of time to prepare.

Bye
Thanee

Scion

First Post
enervation.

It can simply negate certain types of builds, along with hurting just about anyone (undead are the exception, but not every spell is good in every situation).

Get rid of enemy spellcasters highest spells, reduce everyones ability to save vs spells, and it even does a good amount of damage.

Definate enervation ;)

A rod of maximize and/or empower works really well here as well.

Thanee

First Post
I meant it more like, you won't really happen to need it much at that level, which in turn makes it not the best choice to prepare, and in turn again, not the best spell to learn at that time. :)

Bye
Thanee

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Like Thanee said, Dimension Door is a must-have.

You're getting to the point where battlefield control becomes extremely important. An enemy wizard with a few more levels than you (the kind typically used as a "boss" encounter,) is going to be throwing Wall spells at you, and Dimension Door becomes invaluable.

Not only that, it allows you to perform tactical maneuvers in spite of the terrain or enemies in question. As a player, my group was once doing battle in a dungeon, where enemy minions and the party fighter made it impossible to approach an enemy spellcaster hanging back in the rear of a room. But thanks to Dimension Door, I was able to get the party wizard to transport my paladin into the room from an adjacent chamber, putting me right next to the bugger.

Dimension Door. It's always one of my first two 4th-level spells as a wizard. After I've got that, only then do I start thinking of some of the other suggestions that have shown up in this thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads