• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th level spell suggestions for 7th lvl wizard?

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
Evards (Godlike) tentacles will kill just about any medium sized bad guy. It's by far the most potent killer in the 4th level group.

Cast it, and walk away, there's nearly no chance that bad guy mage (or anyone else really) will get away.

If you have a cleric around, he can toss a silence in the area on the off change the mage has dimension door or teleport memorized.

You will be able to kill everything easily, until around level 9 or so, when the monsters tend to be bigger (better grapple checks).

Have fun!

Just take a look...

http://giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=20

-Tatsu

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Having a character that died due to Evard's Black Tentacles, I'm think I'm leaning toward picking it. My DM really hates Web, but I don't think he'll dislike Evard's as much.

He will dislike it Much Much More.
It is very good, great for winning a fight with just one spell. But then the party just sits there while the DM rolls dice? meh. a Scrying mirror is a pain, and druids and clerics get it free. I likes Charm Monster & Enervation even Ice Storm, but D-Door, Invis and Polymorph are your bread and butter.

Well, Dim Door saved my character's bacon tonight, so that was a good choice.

I also took Evards but didn't cast it. I'll just save it for special occasions. ;)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Well, Dim Door saved my character's bacon tonight, so that was a good choice.

I also took Evards but didn't cast it. I'll just save it for special occasions. ;)

That is good news. I had to wait a few sessions before Dim Door paid off. My sorc it 13th level now, but I still keep Dim Door around just in case.

ForceUser

Explorer
Barendd Nobeard said:
I was thinking of Dimension Door, but do you have any other suggestions?
Definitely go with d-door; also, I'd consider solid fog. This is an excellent "control-the-battlefield" spell, which is a primary gig of the wizard on the grid.

diaglo

Adventurer
JoeBlank said:
That is good news. I had to wait a few sessions before Dim Door paid off. My sorc it 13th level now, but I still keep Dim Door around just in case.

being swallowed whole by a land shark didn't help matters.

the concentration skill is another key to using dim door effectively in that situation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads