D&D 5E 5e Compatible Gamma World

Give XP/CR to the machine(s). If the driver can meaningfully contribute to the combat include them in the budget. No different than standard calculations for encounters.

Not sure what the problem is. A soldier isn't fighting the driver of the tank per se, they're fighting the tank.
I've come across several 5e encounters where the "monster" the PCs are fighting is actually a vehicle (there are at least two in Lost laboratory of Kwalish for a start).

Oofta

Legend
I've come across several 5e encounters where the "monster" the PCs are fighting is actually a vehicle (there are at least two in Lost laboratory of Kwalish for a start).

I've used stat for war forged titans from Ebberon and other constructs as stand ins for "mechs" a few times over the years. The guy controlling the thing was almost never the real threat. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

A goblin with a sniper rifle is only as good as their training, but if trained could be the 5E version of a high level minion. A gun turret is a high DC trap and so on.

But this argument is hardly new. Some people will insist that a bullet is instantaneously lethal and that a game couldn't possibly model being shot (or shot at). Ignore that a claymore lopping your head off is also generally lethal, it ignores all those games I've played over the years like Fallout, The Outer Worlds, Wolfenstein, Doom, Far Cry, etc which use some variation of armor and HP. Most action games including D&D are not particularly realistic. That doesn't mean they can't be fun to play.

TheDelphian

Explorer
Yeah well In a game were radiation gives beneficial mutations and such realism is not something I have to worry about in Gamma World.

After all they were smart enough not to call it a science fiction game but a Science fantasy game.

rothcharles

Villager
Excellent work! FYI, I believe that it was a good idea not to use DMsGuild - as the Contents and Format states "When you create your own title for the Dungeon Masters Guild, you get access to a hoard of resources. Your work can use any of the 5th Edition D&D rules published by Wizards of the Coast, plus decades of published material for the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, Ravnica, and Theros settings"

Though no mention of Gamma World is there, it does say that you cannot published materials from non-sanctioned settings. So even trying to go in through an "Expedition to Barrier's Peak" D&D/GW module wouldn't be allowed since Barrier's Peak is from Greyhawk.

Anyway I stopped by, to see this, because I noticed a Reddit post in the r/GammaWorld community there about your new stuff.
Looks great, I hope I get a chance to try it out.

TheDelphian

Explorer
Yeah I knew DMguild was not an option.

I had to pull out all the art as well for similar reasons.

Thanks I hope everyone likes it.

Hopefully Reddit is being kind. :)

SpectralTime

Villager
...I'd offer my own feedback, but I helped develop it, so that feels unnecessary? I am also bumping this though. It plays very well, and it's a grand time.

Malek256

Villager
There are a few typos in this but I am thrilled to see it! I'm only a small ways into it but it seems EXACTLY like what I was after or was thinking of writing myself. As I find typos, perhaps I should list them here - e.g. "...as well as when you attack with a spell." pg. 20.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases