5E: Converting Monsters from White Dwarf Magazine for Fifth Edition

Cleon

Legend
aaand here...(making sure they align)

I've also increased the Resin Hound's Speed to 40 ft. like a standard canine and corrected the Passive Perception which is now 12.

Oh, and I decided to put the Special Traits in alphabetical order, since that seems to be the rule.

okay - have updated jarl to AC16 but not pasted in new version as I figure the create pine kindred is going elsewhere out of lair action...

Yes, there's little point posting a new Hero Forge version every time we tweak it.

It's easier editing a text version and posting the PNG once it's finished or we've agreed on a major revision.

Cleon

Legend
Oh, I used "Resin Hound" without the hyphen, not the "Resin-Hound" that's in the current draft's Title, Ferocity, Keen Scent and Pounce.

Mostly because I copy-pasted "Pine" to Resin" for the name change, but doing the same for "Resin Hound" to "Resin-Hound" in the Resin Hound Text Version will be just as easy.

We'd better change both versions so the name's consistent.

Which do you prefer, hyphenated or non-hyphenated?

Cleon

Legend
Have switched to your for stats - I had used thrall template origially - I prefer hyphenated I think

Fine by me.

Updating the Resin-Hound Text Version.

Speaking of the Thrall.

okay, first up, here's the thrall - ditched the multiattack. just left it with a slam. Insanely annoyingly - in DnDbeyond template, there is no option for resistance to nonmagical piercing weapons only :( ..so left like ofther kindred
Well we know in our hearts that it's nonmagical piercing!

Since DnDBeyond wouldn't let you do that resistance to nonmagical piercing weapons, perhaps we could either drop the weapon resistance and give them vulnerability to slashing instead?

i.e.:

Damage Vulnerabilities Fire, Slashing
Damage Resistances Lightning, Poison

EDIT: Hmm, how about renaming them "Resin Thrall" (without a hyphen?) to distinguish them from true Pine Kindred?

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Fine by me.

Updating the Resin-Hound Text Version.

Speaking of the Thrall.

Since DnDBeyond wouldn't let you do that resistance to nonmagical piercing weapons, perhaps we could either drop the weapon resistance and give them vulnerability to slashing instead?

i.e.:

Damage Vulnerabilities Fire, Slashing
Damage Resistances Lightning, Poison

Hmm, how about renaming them "Resin Thrall" to distinguish them from true Pine Kindred?
Yes I like this idea - makes them more like 4e minions - they're only thralls after all - twaeked

Cleon

Legend
also - yes resin t hrall is good name - I'd prefer both hyphenated but silly to have one hyphenated only. I can drop the hyphen in hound.

It's easier putting a hyphen in Resin-Thrall.

EDIT: Personally, I'm fine using both.

Then the Resin-Hound comes after Resin Hound alphabetically:

Pine Kindred
Pine Kindred Jarl
Pine Kindred Thane
Pine Kindred, Resin Thrall
Pine Kindred, Resin-Hound

Or drop the hyphen and call it a "Resinhound", but I don't much care for that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases