5E: Converting Monsters from White Dwarf Magazine for Fifth Edition

Cleon

Legend
anyway.....Chthon published here

Okay let's see…

Saving Throws should have DEX -1 not +-1.

Stealth is +1 not +3.

Passive Perception should be 10 not 11 (that one's a holdover from when we had a slightly higher Wisdom. Must have forgotten to adjust it).

The rest of it looks fine.

Better correct that passive Perception Snafu… …done!

Cleon

Legend
Reading through the Chthon conversion again I did wonder about adding another language to, well, Languages so the PCs would have an easier time communicating with it, e.g. making it Common, Terran.

However upon due consideration it seems unlikely that a creature that absolutely despises intelligent animals would have much interest in learning to speak with them unless it has some reason to.

Unless Chthons particularly love mocking their victims or spying on them to discover better ways to kill them…

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
Interesting concept. To me, the original description seems to imply that they generally don't speak - just control animals, so happy to leave with just terran.

anyway...now here

Cleon

Legend
Interesting concept. To me, the original description seems to imply that they generally don't speak - just control animals, so happy to leave with just terran.

anyway...now here

That looks fine, so another one bites the dust!

All that's left is deblueing the Enworld version and updating the Indexes.

What's the next White Dwarf conversion for this thread?

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Well...they're smooth and ebon when passive....

(you're gonna hate it when I post a svart 5e conversion as I've just re-read Weirdstone of Brisingamen)
Point taken.

As long as the svart conversion doesn't involve books titled "Embarrassing Facts about Hobbits with an appendix of 101 Ways to Insult a Hobbit" (the one minor blemish on Mr. Fiore's otherwise spotless record); deities by the name of "A'Gallamuill"; and the notion that "Hobbits delight in staging combats between groups of Svarts and Kobolds", I think I'll be fine with it.:)

re Attachment: Although I do make a point of sticking to whatever is said in the original texts, there are some exceptions - obviously.

Attachments

• Svart__[wd9].pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 44

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases