(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP [CLOSED] - OOC discussion

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Steve, here's the deal. I only have a handful of 5e books but I'm extremely comfortable looking stuff up and understanding new material. I'm willing to go along with whatever, as long as you can point me to a reference with the rules. I trust you...so far. 😜

Jmuchellio, love what you're bringing in the other game. Love to have you along! Get weird! 👍

Charlotte, you're all from different universes, most are typical fantasy realms (I'll even include all the regular d&d prime materials, but wanna widen up the concept and use some moorcock concepts), some are alternate histories you might be familiar with or totally bizarre. Everything will lean fantasy, but I like all possibilities open. Hope that helps! Read just one of the Elric stories. It's very d&d-like fantasy. I read a lot of them on openlibrary for free. 😃

Just to make it a little more clear, I'm going to use the first part to bring you all together from disparate parts of the multiverse. You're all "chosen ones" for one reason or another. "Eternal Champions" (another moorcock fantasy read) drawn into a cosmic war of law versus chaos. Gods will be the active forces, manipulating you into their conflicts.

Obviously, how you decide to react is where the fun comes in! 😇😈

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Well, I am very interested, but I won't be online for the next 2-3 weeks... When do you plan on starting the in-character thread? Maybe I can drop in later?

tglassy

Adventurer
I am interested...but I'm not sure if I have time come January. Tax season starts then, and I'm a Tax Accountant. Which means I'll be busy busy busy. I'm not dropping the games I'm in yet, because I don't know which ones will survive the holidays (we always tend to lose a few), and I will probably have time to do a couple.

Maybe I can throw my hat in and see what happens? I'll try to let everyone know come mid January if I'm not going to have time to continue, but I can at least get going.

So, Lvl 1, keep the character simple, and they can be from any world I can imagine? That's...a lot of leeway. I'll think about it, and see what I can come up with.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
I have no problem with people jumping in later, but I do want to start as soon as we can. Everything already takes a long time on a PBP. 🤗

Looks like we have six players already. Since we have a few people on the fence or who are going to be less active, I think we have room for one more. Maybe.

As far as everyone already interested, just try and post those characters when you can. I understand such is the nature of the PBP.

I want to start everyone on their own individual story to begin and then bring you all together using some cosmic means. That way...it's fine. Everyone can go ahead and do everything at their own pace and start your own personal "chapter one" in the play thread when you can. I'll bring you into the story when you're ready. 👊

Anybody who'd like to proceed, go for it. I'm ready for ya. I'm constantly checking and wasting time on my phone anyway. This is part of that.📱👀

I'm happy to take one more player, especially if you'll be active!

--DM Jhary

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Character’s up! I decided, on a whim, to go with a fallen aasimar paladin (target is a couple of levels of hex blade, then conquest or vengeance paladin, tbd).
DM @JharyOConnah , if you allow me the tiefling variants (namely winged and levistus), I may be tempted to change the race. And go with medium armour for flight.
Please let me know what you think!
Cheers,

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
FYI, part of me is tempted to start as a sorcerer (divine or shadow) and ditch the paladin, still multiclassing in hexblade. The backstory lends itself to multiple possibilities, and with so many options, it so tough to make a final choice! I’m even tempted by bard...
One thing is for sure, I’m setting the character up to be a face.
Feedback is appreciated.
Cheers,

SG

Curious about one thing. The Eternal Champions all had an overpowered shtick: Corum's hand. Elric's sword. Will this be coming into play in this game?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As much as I would love to play, I’m going to wait at least until after my moving. Then I’ll see if there’s a chance of joining.

Have fun all!

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm waffling between two, with a third possibility inching forward.

The first two are actually my two main characters in IRL games I've played. My first long term character, Ryder, who was a Water Genasi Rogue Thief who eventually made so much money he built a castle and a town grew up around it, called Ryderton. I loved Ryder. He was amazing. But he started at lvl 6, so I have no idea what he was up to before that. The party met him in one of the nine hells, as he had been stranded there by his previous companions. I could make an alternate version of him, here, and explore who he was before. He's Chaotic Neutral/Good, and is very good at talking his way out of danger.

Second character is Josiah Jones, a Fire Genasi Fiend Pact Warlock, who made a pact with the God of Judgment, Infiri, becoming his Gatekeeper, an agent of the God of Judgement in the world, hunting down those who need judgement passed on them. Strictly Lawful Good, with the "Law" he follows being Infiri's law, not necessarily the law of the land. No killing innocents, but leaving no quarter for the guilty, that kind of thing.

Those two are already premade for me. I'd just have to transfer the stats over, though I'd reroll, because if I remember Ryder had godlike stats.

And lastly, I've never actually had the opportunity to play a Hexblade. I've played just about every other kind of Warlock, as they are my favorites, but I haven't had a chance to do a Hexblade right. I'll keep thinking about it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases