(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

JharyOConnah

Explorer
(Critical Success!)

Eovin, guided on the wings of fate and on her own wings of course, flew through stairwell after stairwell, chamber after chamber. She kept to the shadows and rafters above. The more she looked around the more deeply hidden memories began to burble up. The pixie remembered being here before, a long time ago, when she was a child. It was all eerily familiar. Except now, everything was broken. Destroyed. Burned.

AloesCastle.jpg

(Take a look at the map, players. You started at the bottom, so you've explored the cellar and dungeon. Gotta go up to the TOP to get to Fib'Karna. Those trees on the ground level are large and wind through the floor all the way up to the ATRIUM on the top floor. Hence they can be climbed or traversed to get from floor to floor. There are also windows on each floor, many already shattered and broken. You could easily fly or climb between floors that way as well.)

Eovin was certain she could sense more shadowy, chaos-creatures lurking about, but she moved quickly through, just to get a good sense of the entire place, in order to report back. She could tell there were a few slithering among the trees, more behind as-of-yet-unopened doors.

Oovin and Page stayed tucked away in the lower recesses of the dungeon.

Alan, Selythin, and Zenythin lingered near the stairs leading up to the ground floor until the stealthy pixie returned and gave her report.

(Eovin give me a Perception Check for a few more details. Everyone, lemme know if you've questions about the map. It's a little funky. :cool:)

JharyOConnah

Explorer
(Critical Success! 🎆🎆👩‍🎤)

Eovin was certain there was a winged-snake with arms and claws in each tree. She also caught a quick glance at a centipede-like tiger crawling through the darkness on the top floor. (That's three trees that go from ground to top floor. Three chaos creatures. Then a strange, eight-legged-panther lurking in the shadows of the atrium at the top of the trees, being a fourth.)

The little pixie also heard muffled cries coming from the front chamber of the ground floor. Heard crying coming from above as well, but the doors were locked.

To be able to get to either voice they'd have to pick the lock or break the door down.

Everyone gathered to hear Eovin's report heard the same tell-tale cackling, mad laughter coming from the dead queen's chambers at the very top.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Selythin orders Alan and Zenythin to guard the hobgoblin as he checks the cells and how they could potentially securely contain a prisoner. He gathers the appropriate chains, locks and keys, and tests the best setup to ensure that he’d stay put.

He was a liability. Secretly, Selythin hopes that the hobgoblin gives them a good reason to kill it.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Selythin finds, after a few moments of trying various keys and locks, that all four of the cells are in working order. Selythin was certain the hobgoblin jailor wasn't going anywhere.

Zenythin drew his sword and pointed it, but laughed as it was obviously unneeded.

As for the sniffling hobgoblin himself, he didn't put up a fight. He plunked down, resigned, in the corner.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Upon hearing the scouts’ report, Selythin ponders “we need to get to Fib’Karna fast, silently, and have the element of surprise. Are you all ready to follow me and climb and fly to the last floor?”

OOC: if so, Let’s have a short rest. Selythin will use inspiring leader to recharge everybody’s temp hp

JharyOConnah

Explorer
(Go ahead and take that Short Rest, roll hit dice if anyone is missing any HP at this point. After that, going up to the ground floor, go ahead and give me a Stealth check for the three main characters Eovin, Alan, and Selythin. Two out of three successes and you can move into any area of the ground floor you choose, but remember most doors will need to be picked or broken down to get through.)

Cousin Zenythin went to mid-staircase where the cramped hallway bent down into the dungeon level, still containing the old pixie Oovin, Page, and his hobgoblin jailer. He stretched and leaned against the wall, yawing. "As I'm not hurt, I'll take watch. Relax. I've got us covered..." He drew his sword and lounged on the dark stairwell.

Remove ads