(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

JharyOConnah

Explorer
All the little fae-peoples clammed up when the pixie hissed at them. One, a tiny mushroom-looking guy, muttered quietly. "Oh no no no! We no wanna fight. No no no."

The others shushed and hushed him.

The boat was slowly passing by prince Selythin and the monstrous fellows in conversation.

They both had their attention on the flying elf, not noticing the row-boat at all.

"Are you going there too?" Selythin asked the troll.

"Ugh...yeah. You wanna tag along? We're all outta ale, but I think I can find the way. Mag Tureah is BIG, man. Can't miss it."

The ogre and troll began to laugh.

"It's this way. South along thee river." He gesticulated and started to walk again.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
The boat was slowly passing by prince Selythin and the monstrous fellows in conversation.

They both had their attention on the flying elf, not noticing the row-boat at all.

"Are you going there too?" Selythin asked the troll.

"Ugh...yeah. You wanna tag along? We're all outta ale, but I think I can find the way. Mag Tureah is BIG, man. Can't miss it."

The ogre and troll began to laugh.

"It's this way. South along thee river." He gesticulated and started to walk again.

“Don’t mind if I do! Thanks comrades. Jesus let me take a look to see if there are other stragglers; I’ll be right back”
Selythin flew at a 45 degree angle exactly opposite to the rowboat, to keep the monsters attention, and flies back. He does this repeatedly so they look in his general direction.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
The troll and the one-eyed ogre laughed again. They watched prince Selythin's aerial maneuvering. It worked!

"The elf's barmy but I like him." The troll commented, stopping to slap his buddy across the back.

"What'll we call him?"

"Hey, elf, what do we call you?"
The troll called.

The boat continued around the bend and up the river, past the monsters and prince Selythin. The current became faster.

The row-boat was headed directly for the castle.

(I'd like a perception check from everyone on the boat. Also, from Selythin if he manages to get away from his new buddies.)

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Sirocco watched the mezzoloth walk away.

From his position near the looming castle, the ranger could see a distance down river.

A row-boat was approaching. He could see there were quite a few aboard the vessel. He wondered if the wizard above in the castle tower could see the boat as well.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
The troll and the one-eyed ogre laughed again. They watched prince Selythin's aerial maneuvering. It worked!

"The elf's barmy but I like him." The troll commented, stopping to slap his buddy across the back.

"What'll we call him?"

"Hey, elf, what do we call you?"
The troll called.

The boat continued around the bend and up the river, past the monsters and prince Selythin. The current became faster.

The row-boat was headed directly for the castle.

Call me Sel! And what are your names?” Sel flies around until the boat is completely out of view from the ground where the monsters are. He continues to “look for stragglers”. Once the boat is seemingly safe, he tells them “I think I saw someone from afar, let me check”. He then flies directly opposite to where the boat is, dives closer to the ground, and makes a big loop back to the boat.

William Smith1

Explorer
Sirocco thinks to himself, "Well, might be able to convince those in the boat to give me a ride across the river! Bet some garnish wouldn't hurt." He digs into his saddlebags and finds a few gold pieces. "Might be the most expensive ferry in the multiverse but what have I got to lose?" He makes sure he is visible to the boat and addresses them, "Ahoy there cutters! Care to provide some transportation to that kip over there? I can lay some jink on you for your trouble!" As he motions toward the castle.

Last edited:

Remove ads