(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Nice to meet you, Rock." Alan inhaled, drawing in a calming breath, and steadied himself. If the others were holding together, then best as he could manage: so would he.

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Luckily, since the half dozen fey-folk had exited, there was room for the bariur ranger on the small-ish craft.

Zenythin guided everyone across, a bit further down steam, making contact with the huge island in the center of the rushing river. The keep here was mostly intact, although it's surfaces were charred from battle fire.

"T-this is... It looks so different... It's sad..." Page stayed close to Alan. "I'm afraid of what's become of the palace..."

Bradrick, Jim, and Bo also stuck to Alan.

"T-there's a cellar door. A-and the front door, I-I guess...Or...uh...we could fly up to either two other floors..." Page continued, gesturing around.

Everyone climbed off the boat and is on the island (unless you state otherwise).

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"All right. How likely is it that the castle is infested with the kind of vermin, versus the likelihood that it's occupied?" Alan then waved towards the doors within flying distance. "Alternately, where do those lead?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"All right. How likely is it that the castle is infested with the kind of vermin, versus the likelihood that it's occupied?" Alan then waved towards the doors within flying distance. "Alternately, where do those lead?"

“that is a good question, in either case I feel we need to go in. Your guess is as good as mine for where the doors lead, but I have rope, and I can secure it so you all can climb.” He looks at the quadruped on board and asks “is climbing going a problem for you?”

William Smith1

Explorer
Sirocco replies to Selythin, "Well a vertical climb may be a bit of a challenge but I'm comfortable jumping onto platforms and narrow places. I've setup kip in the mountains from time to time."

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Should I fly up to the higher doors and inspect them?" Eovin asks. "Not go in, or even touch them. But see what else is up there."

Good idea, go and report back what you see”.

OOC: as we discuss the plan, is there anywhere relatively safe where we could do a short rest? I wouldn’t Ming getting that short rest warlock spell slot back!

JharyOConnah

Explorer
On the far end of the island there were some large, jutting boulders that could provide a little shelter from the elements and prying eyes. (Go ahead and take a short rest.)

Eovin, meanwhile, flew up to scope out the upper level. There was a large double door, and multiple large windows actually, that led into the keep on this level. The pixie could see multiple forms moving about inside.

There was another level above this one. It had a small balcony and arched doorway. There were smaller windows here on both sides as well.

Inside, Eovin spied a figure wearing a dark robe, surrounded by a number of chaos beasts, sitting at a table, eating and drinking. The dark bearded figure seemed to be studying a book or map.

He was holding a scepter in his hand, atop which sat an irregular, eight-pointed star. The symbol of Chaos.

(I'll assume Eovin goes back down to take advantage of the short rest as well. Trying to keep the descriptions simple, but if anyone is confused I'm happy to elaborate. Basically there's a way in on any floor. 🏰)

Remove ads