(5E) D&D/Moorcock Multiverse Inspiration PBP

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Although the group has "the drop" on the hobgoblins on the other side of the main double door, everyone roll initiative.

(Even if they roll higher you will all go first so include your first round actions and attacks as the doors open.)

The clinking of the lock turning. Some scraping sounds, like that of a heavy piece of furniture being moved. More grumbling and grunting from the sweating hobgoblins.

Zenythin also got ready for a fight.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: My sincere apologies for my silence guys. I moved last week, and between my kids, my job and the boxes, my life’s been a mess. I’m back now, and ready to get back into it. FYI, I really enjoy this game, and feel bad I’ve been delaying it.
On that note: Selythin initiative: 17

JharyOConnah

Explorer
The double doors swing open after a clatter and a clink. Two of the hobgoblins had their heads facing away from the party, hefting a large vanity table, pushing the doors open my their necks and backs. Easy targets. The third, also carrying the big dressing and makeup table, had his head down and arms occupied, one on the vanity, one still grappling with the keys.

They continued their grumbling conversation.

"Still. I says we take it out, we leave it out. No sense in bringing it up and down...over and over and over..."

"You do what your wizard commands! Chaos is winning big this cycle, and it ain't because of your imbecile decisions!"

"Still don't seem like the same old Chaos with a capital C no more..."

You all have advantage on any attacks this first round.

Initiative Order:
Selythin, Alan, Eovin, then Hobgoblins (hobgoblins are unaware first round, still coming through the doorway carrying furniture.)

Everyone go ahead and take your first round actions!

JharyOConnah

Explorer
The three hobgoblins, lugging a large vanity table, began to step through the double front doorway of the castle.

Selythin and Alan hung by either side of the frame and,as soon as the occupied enemies were visible, attacked in unison.

Alan stabbed with his rapier, he was getting better and better, and caught one of the sweating, grunting, complaining hobgoblins in the neck. A bright streak of red blood squirted against the wall as the armored enemy dropped his corner of the vanity table and collapsed. Instantly, Selythin was on the other front warrior. He cursed the brute, immediately causing the hobgoblin to drop HIS corner of the large piece of furniture.

The vanity table made a loud WHUMP WHAM as it suddenly dropped heavily onto two of its four ornate legs. One of the six drawers on the front of the cabinet sprang open and, before the group or the hobgoblins could do anything about it, a glass vial containing some sort of lavender colored liquid smashed to pieces on the ground.

Strange pink smoke poured out of the broken container. (EVERYONE make a CONSTITUTION SAVE please.)

In the same moment, just as the curse took effect, Selythin sprang forward, attacking the second hobgoblin. He thought the swing was wide, but, due to the mysterious magic of his ancestral black blade, the strike was true! The family heirloom sword caught the second hobgoblin in a small gap in his chain armor. More blood. The second of the three enemies dropped.

Eovin the pixie swooped a little higher in the corridor, chucking a magical bit of fire that she'd conjured in her hand right at the last hobgoblin. Unfortunately, the fire went over his head and skittered onto the rocky shingle of the island, outside of the castle, scorching the ground but doing no damage.

Cousin Zenythin stepped back as the rest pushed their advantage. One coughing, sputtering hobgoblin remained. (He doesn't take a turn this round).

Please give me your CONSTITUTION SAVING THROW results first.

New round.

Initiative Order:
Selythin, Alan, Eovin, then last Hobgoblin

Last edited:

Remove ads