D&D 5E 5e Exploring a New Frontier OOC (Closed)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
ADVENTURE SEEKERS WANTED!
Now seeking a few brave souls to cross the ocean in pursuit of Fame, Knowledge and GOLD!

Captain Tyrlius Faroshi is seeking a few brave souls to join him in his pursuit of the legendary treasures of the New World. Long thought to be a myth, the existence of another continent far to the west has sparked much speculation throughout the city of Haven. With the nations of this continent just starting to recover from a major war, the Council of Peace in Haven is helping to sponsor the expedition, under the hope that a new world to explore might help aid the peace process in the old. If you are interested, meet him at the “Shalimyr’s Embrace”, near the docks, on Stormblessed Eve. [Stormblessed is the 4th month of the Council Year, Stormblessed Eve is a special holiday between the 3rd and 4th months.]

Character creation:

I’m looking for 4-6 5th level characters who have an interest in exploring a new continent. If more than 6 people are interested I reserve the right to pick and choose.

Creation Guidelines
27 point buy.
You get an extra +1 to one ability score, but this cannot be used on an ability you get a +2 racial bonus on.
Hit Points: Max at 1st, then average for 2-5. (d10=6, d8=5, etc.)
500 gp to equip yourself, and you may have one uncommon and two common magic items.
Gauntlets of Ogre Power and Headband of Intellect are not available. You must pay 75% of the mundane cost for any magical armor.
Sources Allowed: All Published WotC hardcover sources.
Backgrounds: I’m very flexible and willing to entertain custom backgrounds.
I would be interested if there's room, sure. I might use Lily, my halfling rogue.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
5e (Recruiting) Exploring a New Frontier (5th level characters)

I’m looking at a Kensei monk. Still deciding on race. I really want a Genasi, I just always play Genasi. Can’t help it. They’re awesome.

Jumping back and forth between an Air or Water Genasi.

Edit. I’m going with Water Genasi. Gonna say he’s the brother of a Water Genasi Rogue I played with my brothers’ group. He was awesome. This will be his more disciplined, but just as wiley, younger brother.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
1qmsfr.jpg

Lily Primrose, Halfling Rogue Thief

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m viewing my Genasi as less a monk and more a Master Swordsman. Disciplined and self assured. I haven’t picked a background, yet. I need to give him a real motivation for going to the New World so he doesn’t end up a stock character.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Just throwing some ideas out there.

Seeking a legendary sword, said to exist within "the Highest Mountain in the West" according to ancient legend.

The Folk of Water and Air have always existed together. Ancient legend refers to others, born with the powers of fire and earth, but none have ever set eyes on them.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Mike291 - Indiana Jones Bard
tglassy - Water Genasi Monk / Kensai
hero4hire - Dwarf Pirate
KahlessNestor - Halfling Rogue

Oh, I'd love to join. I've been wanting to try a Scout/warlock character for a while, but don't want to step on [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]'s toes. Perhaps a wizard or divine caster, no one seems to have claimed those roles?
Cheers,

SG

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m having difficulty with the background. Nothing really fits. Here’s what I’ve got.

Rolan Dye is the younger son of Corealis, a powerful Sorcerer and highly ranked among the Water Genasi (Who in my original tale had at least a city to call their own). His older brother, Ryder, was a Rogue who became fairly well known, mostly for his silver tongue many said could convince a devil to come to his side with merely two words! (This actually happened to me. The chain devil starts running at us, and Ryder says “We’re Friends!” I rolled a 20 on my persuasion, and the devil rolled a 1 on Insight. It was glorious.).

But alas, even though Ryder and his Frostbrand Rapier became well known in the outside world, among the Water Genasi he was a troublemaker who caused an unending series of problems for Corealis. Seeing this, Rolan was determined to be the “good child”, and follow the laws of his people.

Showing an aptitude for discipline his brother never had, Rolan managed to impress a Master Swordsman into taking him under his wing. He toiled for years, mastering his body under the tutelage of this Master Swordsman. He has since claimed the title of Master Swordsman for himself.

But he is more like his brother than he let anyone know. He longed for adventure, to leave the confines of his home and travel the world, as his brother did. He wants to win a noble blade, befriend those from strange countries, and generally live life. When he heard of this expedition, he began convincing his father, and his old Master, to allow him to go, to find a blade that had been whispered of in the West. They reluctantly agreed that such a boon would only help their people, and therefore agreed to let him leave.

So...what background would fit in here? Rolan is fairly young. I could do Knight, but he really isn’t one. Or soldier, but he really isn’t that either. Thoughts?

Remove ads