[5e] "Into The Woods" Horror one-shot. [FULL][OOC]

Skarsgard

Explorer
Angelique, Human (Variant) Sorcerer (Shadow) 4

Angelique.PNG

http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=235970]Into the Woods: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 5, 5, 2] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 4, 6] = 16
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 5, 4, 1] = 10
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 6, 4, 3] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 6, 6, 5] = 18
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 3, 3, 5] = 11
[/url]
Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 14 (+2) Save: +4
Intelligence 11 (+0)
Wisdom 18 (+4) [16 assigned, +1 Racial, +1 Observant Feat]
Charisma 20 (+5) [18 assigned, +1 Racial, +1 Actor Feat] Save: +7

Combat Stuff
Hit points: 26 (4d6)
AC: 11
Size: M
Speed: 30
Darkvision 120’
Initiative: +1
Prof. Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 21
Ranged: +3
Melee: +3
Spells: +8

Skills: Arcana, Deception, Intimidation, Insight, Perception, Performance
Weapon proficiencies: Dagger, Dart, Light crossbow, Quarterstaff, Sling
Armor proficiencies: NOPE.
Other Proficiencies: NOPE
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Infernal
Saves: Con and Cha

Sorcerer abilities: To hit: +8, Spell DC=15
◆ Spellcasting (Sorcerer 1, PHB 101) [5 cantrips & 5 spells known]
I can cast sorcerer cantrips/spells that I know, using Charisma as my spellcasting ability
I can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus

Cantrips: Chill Touch, Mage Hand, Frostbite, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st Level: Chaos Bolt, Sleep,
2nd Level: Darkness, Hold Person, Mirror Image, See Invisibility

Eyes of the Dark (Shadow Magic 1, XGtE 51)
I gain 120 ft darkvision

Strength of the Grave (Shadow Magic 1, XGtE 51) [1× per long rest]
When damage reduces me to 0 HP, that isn't radiant damage or a critical hit,
I can make a Charisma save (DC 5 + damage taken) to drop to 1 HP instead

Font of Magic (Sorcerer 2, PHB 101) [Sorcery points, 4× per long rest]
As a bonus action, I can use sorcery points to create spell slots and vice versa
I can convert spell slots to sorcery points at a rate of 1 point per spell slot level
I can convert sorcery points to spell slots, which last until I finish a long rest, as follows:
Level 1 for 2 sorcery points; level 2 for 3 sorcery points; level 3 for 5 sorcery points
Level 4 for 6 sorcery points; level 5 for 7 sorcery points

Metamagic (Sorcerer 3, PHB 101) [2 known]
Subtle Spell, Twin Spell

Twinned Spell (Metamagic Option, PHB 102) [1 sorcery point per spell level, minimum 1]
If spell/cantrip has a target of one and not self, I can aim it at second target within range

Subtle Spell (Metamagic Option, PHB 102) [1 sorcery point]
I can cast the spell without the need to use somatic or verbal components

I can use only 1 Metamagic option on a spell unless otherwise written

Darkness (Shadow Magic 3, XGtE 51) [2 sorcery points]
I learn Darkness, which doesn't count against my number of spells known
I can also cast it by spending 2 sorcery points and then I can see through it normally

Background abilities: Heart of Darkness
Those who look into my eyes can see that I have faced unimaginable horror and that I am no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear me, commoners will extend me every courtesy and do their utmost to help. Unless I have shown myself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight with me, should I find myself facing an enemy alone.

Capture.PNG

Feats:
Level 1: Human: Actor
Advantage on Charisma (Deception) and (Performance) if trying to pass as another. I can mimic a person's speech or other creature's sounds if I've heard it for at least 1 minute. Wisdom (Insight) vs. Charisma (Deception) to determine the sound is faked. [+1 Charisma]

Level 4: Observant
If I can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language I understand, I can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips. I have a +5 bonus to passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores. [+1 Intelligence or Wisdom]

Skills
+1 (dex) Acrobatics
+4 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
+ 0 (str) Athletics
+7 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+6 (wis) Insight
+7 (cha) Intimidation

+0 (int) Investigation
+4 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+6 (wis) Perception
+7 (cha) Performance

+5 (cha) Persuasion
0 (int) Religion
+1 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+1 (dex) Stealth
+3 (wis) Survival
Backpack
Bedroll
Rations 3 days
Waterskin
Dagger
Dolly - Brooke
Sweets - 1 small bag
Travellers clothes
Wand of the War Mage

Wand, varies (requires attunement by a spellcaster)

While holding this wand, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls determined by the wand’s rarity. In addition, you ignore half cover when making a spell attack.
uncommon (+1)
Angelique was seven when war came to Junebug Hollow. A war fought by men and women and things that were in no way mortal. As the war ranged the death and destructions tore the already thin barrier between this world and the Shadowfell.

The ripping of the barrier allowed all sorts of nightmares loose into the Hollow and people on all sides were hunted like prey. The night seemed to last forever; screams and pleas for mercy provided a choral backdrop to the visceral death and devastation visited on the mortals.

When the golden rays of the sun banished the Shadowfell back: only one person was left alive. It was a young girl clutching her doll in the ruins of what was once her home. The bodies of her family were gone; all the bodies were gone; claimed by those creatures that would use them. Only smears of blood and some torn flesh remained of the people who had been here.

For days she sat unblinking, silent, with hunger and thirst clawing at her like a long distant memory of life. Day and night blurred and she finally stirred, looking out over the wreckage of her town. Confusion came first, why had she survived? Then came fear, what if they came back? She found food and ate, though the food seemed oddly tasteless to her and with her hunger sated she remembered.

She remembered the creatures coming and her Poppy fighting and hiding her in the cupboard. The remembered hearing her Poppy yelling and then a scream of something not human, she never heard Poppy’s voice again. The scream turned to a snuffling, something was sniffing at the cupboard door. She stifled a scream but her sobs god louder and the sniffing became scratching at the door, the scratching became tearing as something tried to force its way in.

Her screams came free and loud and her fear rose and suddenly the growling and scratching stopped. She heard a whine of pain and a heavy thud. She heard feet coming to the door and stifled a whimper. The door opened and she saw a doll, the same size as her with long blonde hair, and the doll held a finger to her mouth. The doll seemed to be trying to talk, but it looked damaged. It spoke but all Angelique heard was …”safe…. Tt…mmm……Brooke.”

The doll came into the cupboard and closed the door, hugging the little girl close. It produced an old brush and started to brush the girl’s hair, humming to itself. When the night passed, so did Brooke, dragged back to the Shadowfell but leaving the girl alive with a new doll.

Sometime later the Sisters of Mercy came to the Hollow and there they found Angelique. At first the girl was happy to see other people, her and Brooke had been alone for a while, but something seemed wrong. While Sister Brenda seemed to smile and say all the right things, something was not right. The girl looked to her right and Brooke seemed to be frowning, the girl could feel something moving in her, something pushing to be released. But she pushed it back and went with the Sister.

Three years later, she found herself in the ruins of the Hollow again with Brooke by her side. She felt the push again and this time embraced it. She felt the shadow move in her and Brooke smiled and clapped her hands. Now, she could fight back!

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, so I'll add my bio and personality later, but here's what I have so far:
Edit: Finished!

Bimpnott
NG firbolg city watch shadow monk 4
firbolg watch 2.jpg

Name: Bimpnott Bimpnotting
Sex: male
Race: firbolg (VGtM)
Class/Level: monk 4
Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, Giant, Gnomish
Speed: 40ft.
Init: +2
Prof. Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 13
Proficiencies: Simple weapons, shortswords; Cook’s utensils

DEFENSE
AC:
16 (+2 dex, +3 wis, +1 cloak)
HD: 4d8+4
Maximum HP: 27
Current HP: 27
Saves: Str* +8, Dex* +5, Con +2, Int -1, Wis +4, Cha +2
Notes: Cloak of Protection adds +1 to AC and all saves (included in numbers above). Can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn (Patient Defense). Can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and jump distance is doubled (Step of the Wind). As a reaction, decrease damage from ranged attack by 1d10+6 (Deflect Missiles).

OFFENSE
Melee:
Unarmed strike +7 (1d4+5 bludgeoning)
Melee: Shortsword +7 (1d6+5 piercing; finesse, light)
Ranged: Dart +7 (1d4+5 piercing; finesse, thrown 20/60)
Note: When using the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action (Martial Arts); can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action immediately after the Attack action on your turn (Flurry of Blows)

STATISTICS
Str*
20 (+5), Dex* 14 (+2) , Con 13 (+1), Int 6 (-2), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)
RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Firbolg
Ability scores: Wisdom +2, Strength +1
Speed: 30ft.
Firbolg Magic: Can cast Detect Magic and Disguise Self using Wisdom (DC13); can appear to look up to 3 feet shorter using Disguise Self. Both 1/SR.
Hidden Step: As a bonus action, can turn invisible until start of your next turn or until you attack, make a damage roll, or force someone to make a saving throw, 1/SR.
Powerful Build: You count as one size larger when determining carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag or lift.
Speech of Beast and Leaf: Can communicate in a limited manner with beasts and plants, but not to understand them in return. Advantage on all Charisma checks to influence beasts and plants.
Languages: Common, Elvish, Giant

BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
City watch (SCAG)
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Insight
Languages: Two of your choice: Dwarvish, Gnomish
Watcher’s Eye: Can find local outpost of the watch or similar organization, and can find the dens of criminal activity.

CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Monk (Way of the Shadow)
Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: No armor; simple weapons, shortswords
Tool Proficiences: Choose a musical instrument or artisan’s tool: Cook’s utensils
Unarmored Defense: AC equals 10 plus Wisdom modifier and Dexterity modifier
Martial Arts: Gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren't wearing armor or wielding a shield: Can use Dexterity for attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons. Unarmed strike or monk weapon can do d4 damage (goes up with level). Can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action when using the Attack action with an unarmed strike or monk weapon on your turn.
Ki: Can spend ki points on special actions. 4 ki points (increases with level), DC13. See under "Ki and Magic", below.
Flurry of Blows (1 ki point): Make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action immediately after the Attack action on your turn.
Patient Defense (1 ki point): Take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.
Step of the Wind (1 ki point): Take Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and double jump distance for your turn.
Unarmored Movement: Speed increases by 10ft. when not wearing armor or carrying a shield (increases with level).
Monastic Tradition: The Way of Shadow
Shadow Arts: Gain the Minor Illusion cantrip. Can spend 2 ki points to cast Darkness, Darkvision, Pass Without Trace, or Silence.
Deflect Missiles: As a reaction, decrease damage from ranged attack by 1d10+6 (increases with level). If reducing damage to 0, catch the missile if reasonable.
Ability Score Improvement: Strength +1, Constitution +1
Slow Fall: Reduce falling damage by 20 (increases by level).

SKILLS (* Proficient)
+4 (dex) Acrobatics*
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
-2 (int) Arcana
+7 (str) Athletics*
+1 (cha) Deception
-2 (int) History
+5 (wis) Insight*
+1 (cha) Intimidation
-2 (int) Investigation
+3 (wis) Medicine
-2 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
-2 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth*
+3 (wis) Survival
Ki save DC: 13
Ki points remaining: 4/4

KI ABILITIES
Flurry of Blows (1 ki point):
Make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action immediately after the Attack action on your turn.
Patient Defense (1 ki point): Take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.
Step of the Wind (1 ki point): Take Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and double jump distance for your turn.
Darkness (2 ki points): Cast Darkness spell without material components (Shadow Arts).
Darkvision (2 ki points): Cast Darkvision spell without material components (Shadow Arts).
Pass Without Trace (2 ki points): Cast Pass Without Trace spell without material components (Shadow Arts).
Silence (2 ki points): Cast Silence spell without material components (Shadow Arts).

MAGIC
Cantrip (monk class):
Minor Illusion, DC 13
Spells 1/SR (Firbolg Magic): Detect Magic, Disguise Self (can appear to look up to 3 feet shorter), DC 13
DARKNESS
2nd-level evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, M (bat fur and a drop of pitch or piece of coal)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Magical darkness spreads from a point you choose within range to fill a 15-foot-radius sphere for the duration. The darkness spreads around corners. A creature with darkvision can't see through this darkness, and nonmagical light can't illuminate it. If the point you choose is on an object you are holding or one that isn't being worn or carried, the darkness emanates from the object and moves with it. Completely covering the source of the darkness with an opaque object, such as a bowl or a helm, blocks the darkness. If any of this spell's area overlaps with an area of light created by a spell of 2nd level or lower, the spell that created the light is dispelled.

DARKVISION
2nd-level transmutation
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (either a pinch of dried carrot or an agate)
Duration: 8 hours
You touch a willing creature to grant it the ability to see in the dark. For the duration, that creature has darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.

DETECT MAGIC

DISGUISE SELF

MINOR ILLUSION

Illusion cantrip
Range: 30 feet
Components: S, M (a bit of fleece)
Duration: 1 minute
You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.
If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else's voice, a lion's roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.
If you create an image of an object – such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest – it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can't create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.
If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.

PASS WITHOUT TRACE
2nd-level abjuration
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M (ashes from a burned leaf of mistletoe and a sprig of spruce)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
A veil of shadows and silence radiates from you, masking you and your companions from detection. For the duration, each creature you choose within 30 feet of you (including you) has a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and can't be tracked except by magical means. A creature that receives this bonus leaves behind no tracks or other traces of its passage.

SILENCE
2nd-level illusion (ritual)
Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.
APPEARANCE AND PERSONALITY
As a firbolg, Bimpnott is and appears as a huge purple-grey fuzzy fellow. In fact, you’ll never meet such a strong guy, or such a gentle soul. That scary habit of moving about so silently, well, you get used to that. The town of Fortnam must be excited to have him on their watch!

Well, so are the criminals, because Bimpnott trusts anyone and anything...

BIO
Bimpnott grew up in a forest far away, among his fellow firbolgs until the tribe came under the dark influence of a hag. He was the first to come under her spell as young Bimpnott started to hallucinate about terrifying beasts, tangling leaves and grotesque kin.

He fled in terror, and the hag who planned to enslave him and his entire tribe, scared him so that he panicked and spilled her cauldron. The brew engulfed them both, turning him into a toad for a week.

The hag was destroyed as his tribe found her cottage and soon found the slug she had turned into, but by then Bumpnott was far away.

Now free of the magical hallucinations, he discovered life as a tiny toad in a forest filled with predators was no less scary. And when a huge man caught him in a jar, his life was surely at an end!

The potion from the cauldron expired a day later, and the gnome merchant on the hunt for rare animals was scared witless as he found the jar broken and a massive giantkin suddenly flipping the cart sideways under his weight!

Bumpnott, taking on the name of the gnome’s late mother because it amused the merchant so, wanted to get far away from the woods that had scared him so, not even considering that what he had seen was the work of a foul hag. The merchant, who quickly earned his trust, eventually brought him to the little town of Fortnam. There they were looking for a new watchman, and the huge firbolg became popular quickly as his presence alone would end tavern brawls. Bumpnott was everyone’s new best friend.

And the dwarf named Albrecht was the first - but no wonder, because the firbolg might be the only person alive to love the bard’s music.

Personality Traits: I am always kind and friendly.
Ideal: (greater good) It is each person's responsibility to make the most happiness for the entire town.
Bond: Even though I was born elsewhere, Fortnam is my home and I will always return there.
Flaw: Although I try not to show it, I am terrified of the dangers of the natural world. I am also far too trusting.
COMBAT GEAR
Shortsword
Dart x10
Cloak of Protection

OTHER GEAR
City watch uniform
Horn to call help
Set of manacles
Pouch
Dungeoneer’s Pack:
Backpack​
Crowbar​