D&D 5E 5E Purchases

Stormonu

Legend
So, I accidentally clicked on my EN World bookmark, thinking it was another forum. After browsing a couple of threads, I realized that I haven't kept up with the offerings for 5E beyond the core book (and the starter set).

So I was curious about two things:

1) What's available for 5E these days? I don't even know where to find a catalog anymore.

2) What have you bought that's 5E related?

As for me, as I indicated, I've only bought the Core 3 books and the Starter set. I do an irregular game and we're maybe two sessions away from completing the starter set's adventure (in my heyday, we'd have finished that in a week...I'm getting old and interests have gone elsewhere).

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=52734]Stormonu[/MENTION] The two new tabletop D&D products upcoming are:
  • Out of the Abyss - a Forgotten Realms / Underdark adventure for levels 1-15, releases September 15th
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - a player's regional guide / options expansion for the Forgotten Realms Sword Coast region, releases November 3rd

I've been enjoying the heck out of the core 3 books. The DMG and MM, in particular, have lots of hidden gems and the DMG is chock full of resources many experienced DMs haven't bothered to read and don't even realize are in there!

Last edited:

graves3141

First Post
There's not much available yet unless you like APs. I've picked up the core books, the starter set and the DM screen so far, although I am considering picking up an AP this fall along with possibly the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide (I'd like to know more about that book before I preorder or anything).

The release schedule has been painfully slow this time around for 5E and the communication from WotC about their long range plans for future product is almost nonexistent. The best we can do is just wait and hope that we'll get more product in 2016 that gives us more options.

S

Sunseeker

I've bought all 3 books, had to re-buy my PHB because my original had that falling apart issue. (so 4 books).
Bought a bunch of the random minis. (8 packs)
I bought the limited edition garantuan red dragon.
I bought the air and fire Elemental Evil lords.
I bought the buy-a-case promo brass dragon.
I bought some of the attack-wing dragons in an attempt to get all the different dragon types. Those attack wing minis are PRICEY but SWEEEET.
I bought the Tiamat and garantuan silver dragon minis.
I bought the first DM screen WotC released.

Yes I love minis, but they're also great for generally decorating my shelves with.

There's "not much available" if you're only buying books. Looks back over my purchases, I've dropped an average of $50/mo since release on WotC 5-E related merchandise, and this list has kind of made me realize that there's a LOT of product out there.

graves3141

First Post
There's "not much available" if you're only buying books. Looks back over my purchases, I've dropped an average of $50/mo since release on WotC 5-E related merchandise, and this list has kind of made me realize that there's a LOT of product out there.

That's true, there are the miniatures... miniatures and APs. Besides that, there's not really much to choose from.

SigmaOne

First Post
We love the spell cards for our game; they're not perfect, but extremely helpful nonetheless. The DM Screens are nice (WotC has one, and GF9 has a couple), but complaints that they're low on info have a point. I have the one from WotC and I like it; I like the RP stuff it has.

I'm DMing a group that ran through the Starter Set, and it turns out Princes of the Apocalypse is a very smooth transition from that; we started it a couple months ago and it will probably last us at least until some time next spring.

You can download a PDF of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion that has new PC races and spells, or you can order a printed version from DriveThruRPG.

Stormonu

Legend
Ah, I forgot about the spell cards from GF9. I did buy all of those ... unfortunately, that was quite a fiasco ordering from them and won't buy from them again, nor would I encourage anyone else to purchase them.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
There's not much available yet unless you like APs. I've picked up the core books, the starter set and the DM screen so far, although I am considering picking up an AP this fall along with possibly the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide (I'd like to know more about that book before I preorder or anything).

The release schedule has been painfully slow this time around for 5E and the communication from WotC about their long range plans for future product is almost nonexistent. The best we can do is just wait and hope that we'll get more product in 2016 that gives us more options.

You think he is asking about only official WOTC releases. He is not. 5e has a TON of stuff published for it...really quite a lot. But most of it is third party material - some by some of the best RPG writers in the industry.

garnuk

First Post
You think he is asking about only official WOTC releases. He is not. 5e has a TON of stuff published for it...really quite a lot. But most of it is third party material - some by some of the best RPG writers in the industry.

Is there a page that shows all of them and where to buy them?

Remove ads