• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

Quickleaf

Legend
Managed to make something more coherent...

90fmpoM.png

Sinjin is Large, so he guards from the rear, being able to look over the heads of the rest of the caravan. Good rear guard deterrent. He has Salahuddin's back.

Salahuddin can probe Ajan's men for information (or just screw with their superstitions about genies), or chat up Derafsh – there hasn't been much interaction between him and Derafsh yet AFAICR.

Lal Qalandar was schmoozing with Ajan's al-Badian men before, and seems in his element there. Plus he can attempt to tell stories with morals to the unscrupulous rogues following Nimar.

Nimar and his rogues stay pretty close, not totally ostracized, but keeping to themselves, with a healthy gap between them and Ankabut ("Amina"), maintained seemingly organically by Amina's dead-eyed stares when one gets too close. Fereshte and Amina get a staring contest going on.

Pack camels (I reckon about 6) are tended by Ajan's 2nd who follows closely behind Ajan. At least for now. Eventually Ajan and his men will leave you...so far you've diplomatically avoided saying where you're going...we'll see how long that can last...

Ankabut ("Amina") follows quietly behind Akilah, floating on her flying rug. Akilah is alongside her cousin Ajan, talking story.

Husam gazes out into the desert, astride his proud warhorse, taking a protective place in front of Akilah. The half-orc weathers the taunts and jibes from "Prince" Harun whose peppy desert stallion snorts and whinnies whenever Harun isn't gabbing away.

Harun's mechanical bird flits about overhead when not resting on Harun's shoulder.

Easifa is away for now, journeying back to the Sheikh's palace.

Sound good?

EDIT: From Husam (front) to Sinjin (rear) is about 90 feet.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
Are we good here?

Last in-character post was from [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] (Salahuddin) on Friday, wherein he communed with Sheikh Ali re. no messenger requesting troops for his cousin Ajan bin Najon al-Yaqud. Salahuddin asked party if anyone had other messages/words for the Sheikh.

If I don't hear back from [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] (Akilah), [MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION] (Lal Qalandar), [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] (Harun), or [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION] (Husam) by midday tomorrow, I will advance the game through the night into your 2nd day of travel. I'll be using the traveling rule variant where you only get long rests when resting in a sanctuary (e.g. settlement / oasis / an entire tribe).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads