• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e: Setting the Dials

Redbadge

Explorer
To follow on from my last post, imagine a DDI tool called "Campaign Builder." It would have a slick interface, hundreds of actual UI dials, switches, and knobs. After you finish creating your campaign, you could save it, and then your players could upload this campaign it the Character Builder and it would govern their character creation rules.

After they load Dave's Campaign, they wouldn't even see half-elves or rare races. Their HP would be calculated as specified. They would use 25-point point buy. They would pick 2 backgrounds, but could freely choose from all feats. And if it was good enough, when they printed out their character sheet, under XP, it would include the total needed to advance to the next level under the assumed "Accelerated" level.

And of course you'd be able to ban feats, etc.

Would anyone else be as excited as I am to use such a tool?

Pheonix0114

Explorer
I would, but the problem would come in when/if I ever wanted to go off the rails and make my own rule changes that aren't supported by modules currently. For example: I will always use Wounds/Vigor Points. If that isn't in the Campaign Builder I would be at a loss for how to tell the builder what to do about HP. Though I'd prolly just go back to what we did with 4e and make the characters online but not print out the sheets so we can make changes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads