D&D 5E 5e Sorcerer versus Wizard, which is better?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
While I like no feat games, I don't consider no feats to be the default game, no matter whether the rules describe them as optional or not, in practice they are used in most D&D games being played.

So you can have your "default" by rule
I'll take my "default" by practice

Every Time!

Evidence suggests that is not the case. I have seen nothing to support the claim a majority of games use feats. Do you have a citation for that?

Mistwell

Do you have a citation that they don't?

"Another piece of D&D data: a majority of D&D characters don't use feats. Many players love the customization possible with feats, but a larger group of players is happy to make characters without feats. Feats are, therefore, not a driving force behind many players' choices. " - Jeremy Crawford.

Now you can quibble with that all you want, but you're going to have to provide a citation to what you said before it will mean anything.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
"Another piece of D&D data: a majority of D&D characters don't use feats. Many players love the customization possible with feats, but a larger group of players is happy to make characters without feats. Feats are, therefore, not a driving force behind many players' choices. " - Jeremy Crawford.

Now you can quibble with that all you want, but you're going to have to provide a citation to what you said before it will mean anything.

Nice try but..... Characters not having a feat yet doesn't equate to feats not being an option in most games.

Mistwell

Nice try but..... Characters not having a feat yet doesn't equate to feats not being an option in most games.

That's the only response you'll get until you provide support for the statement, " in practice they are used in most D&D games being played."

FrogReaver

That's the only response you'll get until you provide support for the statement, " in practice they are used in most D&D games being played."

Then find some support for your statement that "in practice they are not used in most D&D games being played". I'll wait as no evidence exists for that.

Mistwell

Then find some support for your statement that "in practice they are not used in most D&D games being played". I'll wait as no evidence exists for that.

That isn't even the first statement you challenged. You challenged " In fact according to WOTC a majority of players don't use feats for their characters."

Again, you can quibble, but my opinion has some support from WOTC. What does yours have? Nothing. You made up that claim, and have zero support for it.

FrogReaver

That isn't even the first statement you challenged. You challenged " In fact according to WOTC a majority of players don't use feats for their characters."

Again, you can quibble, but my opinion has some support from WOTC. What does yours have? Nothing. You made up that claim, and have zero support for it.

Separate issues. Both of which are false but one of which doesn't matter for this thread. For this discussion we are talking about whether games allow feats which is far different than whether a character of X level has taken a feat. You do understand the difference right?

So how about some evidence to support the claim that most games don't allow feats?

Mistwell

Separate issues. Both of which are false but one of which doesn't matter for this thread. For this discussion we are talking about whether games allow feats which is far different than whether a character of X level has taken a feat. You do understand the difference right?

Cite support for your statement that "in practice they are used in most D&D games being played.".

If you have none other than personal experience or instinct, then just say that.

FrogReaver

Cite support for your statement that "in practice they are used in most D&D games being played.".

If you have none other than personal experience or instinct, then just say that.
Cite and support your statement that "in practice they are not used in most D&D games being played."

Remove ads