D&D 5E 5e Sorcerer versus Wizard, which is better?

Esker

Hero
All Youve done is show variant human is better than a level rip to pick up 2 similar abilities

I don't think the argument is dependent on picking variant human for race. Even if the sorcerer dip character goes high elf, say, to ease the pain of getting 13 CHA (since they don't value war caster as much), then they get two extra points to allocate, which could be used to get WIS back to 10, or to get CHA to 14, but it's not enough to get CON to 14. And then they're worse than the War Caster wizard at concentration at lower levels.

If the single classed wizard doesn't take War Caster at 1st, they obviously have a slightly tougher time than the sorcerer with concentration saves until they can get it, but only a difference of +1 in Tier 1. They could choose to take it at 4th, putting them a little behind the sorcerer dip in spell DC, but they have higher level spells at every odd level. I'd take that trade.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Thank you everyone for your input. I have enough information to be dangerous. I still don't know if I want to go Divination or Lore Mater, but it will be a Wizard. Thanks again.

Remove ads