• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 2

Edgar follows Kuhl into the room, but stays near the door, watching the rest of the room, until the sounds from the orb mesmerize him.

WIS save: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 20/20 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 10/10
Spells:
Level 1: 2/2 Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite[/SBLOCK]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Kuhl shakes his head, trying to clear it. "That was...unsettling," he says. "Shall we try again?" He reaches for his waterbottle, and pulls away some of the soft wax that keeps it sealed. He warms it in his hands, and fashions two small earplugs for himself, as in a story he once was told by another herdsman on the hillside.

When the plugs are in, he looks at the others, shrugs, and picks up his staff and re-enters the dungeoun, heading for the room to which the key had led them.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 2

Edgar follows Kuhl, copying his example of the earplugs. Outside the room he mutters a prayer, making a holy sign across his own chest and over kuhl's head.

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Cast bless on himself, Kuhl and one other, for the three of us to go into the room
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 20/20 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 10/10
Spells:
Level 1: 1/2 Bless, Command, Wrathful Smite[/SBLOCK]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
OOC: Since we failed the save and are able to try again, I was hoping that and Odysseus vs. the sirens approach might give us advantage on the next attempt. That was the full extent of my thinking.

(Since the Cyclops is described in Od. 9 as having flocks, I thought about presenting Odysseus as "a pirate who blinds a shepherd and stuffs wax in his ears", figuring that's the way that herdsmen would describe him, but enough of my jokes are for my own amusement, and that seemed like overkilling it (which I'm doing now). That's now really the full extent of my thinking.)
 

DeJoker

Villager
OOC: Okay for some reason Enworld finally chose to denote the Bump post today and did not bother to alert me to any of the posts following the Bump post which was weird as it was working fine before *sigh* I will assume that Zath'ras failed his wisdom check as well at this point as otherwise it would throw a big retcon into the mix otherwise.


Zath'ras collects his wits along with the others and when it becomes apparent that they are planning to head back he asks, before the plug their ears, "What will we do about that orb this time? I mean if we are going to plug our ears now it might be a good idea to have a plan of action prior to doing so."[/say]

After the their discussion about how to handle the orb is completed he follows the example of plugging his ears and then follows the others as they head back towards the orb.
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Kuhl looks at Zath'ras, and then takes wax out of one ear. "To be honest, I don't know. I suppose we could investigate the other niches first. They seem less interesting. It's such an odd room, a sepulchre of sorts. What would you suggest?"
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
"What about knocking the orb off its pedestal?" Davonshaw asks. "We may not be able to get in there, but I have a mystical assitant who probably could."
 

DeJoker

Villager
Zath'ras thinks for a moment, "That thing appears meant to keep us out. Reacting to our presence. If we bag the thing. Remove it. What is range of mystical assistant? Could assistant bag and carry out orb? If yes... we would just keep distance... maybe. Otherwise we need break it like others. Such a waste of obviously magic item."
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
"Ever the treasure-seeker," Davonshaw says with a grin. "It could work, but I don't have a sack. I do have a blanket."
 

DeJoker

Villager
Zath'ras nods unshoulders his pack, opens it and rummages around in it briefly before pulling out at a sack. "It is okay Zath'ras has sack. Not treasure Zath'ras seek. Knowledge of magic much more important"
 
Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
GM: So your plan is to ritual cast unseen servant and have the servant bag the orb in Zathras's sack? Then to bring it out of the room?
 

DeJoker

Villager
OOC: Well bring it back to the room behind the one just before the one where the orbs are (which is where I presume we are) -- then deal with it once we have finished with this area -- because with it back there then we do not have to worry about something coming up from behind -- maybe
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: I will ritual cast the spell and then have the servant "bag the orb"
Just toss it over it, then see if we can pass, if we can I'll have him unbag it once we are past the room.


Davonshaw sits cross-legged on the floor and starts to recite an old epic. He speaks softly almost as if to himself, the words as translucent as the being they conger into existence.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The sack, held by invisible hands floats over to the orb. Once the bag touches the orb, the music starts up again, but a bit muffled.

GM: Wisdom Saves: DC 15 with Advantage.
 

Advertisement

Top