D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Deities (Part 2: Greyhawk) Boccob Advances!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Hello everyone, it's time for another Survivor thread! As you already know, I'll be taking over the Survivor 5E Threads for a little while...so if you have any suggestions for upcoming topics, feel free to DM me.

-----

This thread is inspired by prior threads that we've done.
The battle continues!
Which battle?
The...
Battle of the Gods, Part II!

Appendix B of the 5th Edition Player's Handbook has several tables dedicated to the Deities of the D&D game. There's a table for Greyhawk gods, and another table for Eberron, and for the Forgotten Realms, and so on. But which one is The Survivor?! Hold on to your sacraments, because we're gonnna find out!

The first pantheon presented is "Deities of Greyhawk," on Page 295...so it's the first pantheon to get the 5E Survivor treatment. We will examine the other deities from other pantheons in subsequent contests. Then, we will put all of the winners together in the same arena to determine which one is The Ultimate Survivor!

Round 1: Forgotten Realms
Winner: Selune
1641773616909.png

The Rules and Stuff
  • This time, only Greyhawk deities are presented. You might remember them from the earliest editions of the game, you might remember them from the 3rd Edition...but I bet you remember them.
  • Now since someone is about to ask "what about Shar?" on the first page of the thread, I'll repeat: this week, only the Greyhawk deities are presented.
  • Each deity starts with 20 points.
  • Every day, you vote for one deity that you like, which gains 1 point. And then you vote for a different deity that you dislike, which loses 2 points. It is intentional that a negative vote is worth more than a positive vote - first, because it takes something extra to whittle these guys down to size. Second, because.
  • Mark your upvotes in green, and downvotes in red. Or just show them in bold text and use "+1" and "-2" to mark them, if colored text is too difficult on your browsing device.
  • It's easier if you just copy and paste the previous poster’s vote and change the numbers.
  • You may vote only once per day in each category. This is an honor system, and we are all honorable gamers; please do not abuse it. If this means you vote once at night one day, and once the next morning - that's fine, but don't vote again until the following day. Rule of thumb: if your most recent vote post says "yesterday" in the date tag, you can vote again.
  • This is purely a popularity contest and you do not have to explain an upvote or downvote, but feel free to - explanations are where the fun is! When downvotes reach 0 the option/variant is removed from the list (FATALITY!).
  • Finally, if an entry has one vote left, then you have to make the choice to use all of your downvotes to eliminate it; there is no vote splitting. In addition, you can't upvote and downvote the same entry (no "see" votes). And you have to use BOTH YOUR UPVOTE AND DOWNVOTE if you vote.

The Most Important Bits
Three important points that you must read before voting--
  1. This is a pure popularity contest, and is meant to be fun. You can cast your votes for whatever reason you want; spite, irrational love or hatred, appearance, gameplay mechanics, tire pressure, mood, strategic voting, and so on are all perfectly acceptable. You can comment for the reasons for your vote, or not - up to you! But this is for enjoyment only.
  2. This week (and the next few weeks to come) featues a list of the deities in the 5th Edition Player's Handbook. Other deities from the 5E Player's Handbook will be done at another time. Deities that aren't listed in the 5E Player's Handbook won't be done at all.
  3. As always, the list is the list. If you have a complaint about the list, please direct it to /dev/null.
So. Onward to the contest!

DEITIES OF GREYHAWK
from pg. 295 of the Player's Handbook
=====================================
Beory, goddess of nature (N)
Boccob, god of magic (N)
Celestian, god of stars and wanderers (N)
Ehlonna, goddess of woodlands (NG)
Erythnul, god of envy and slaughter (CE)
Fharlanghn, god of horizons and travel (NG)
Heironeous, god of chivalry and valor (LG)
Hextor, god of war and discord (LE)
Kord, god of athletics and sport (CG)
Incabulos, god of plague and famine (NE)
Istus, goddess of fate and destiny (N)
Iuz, god of pain and oppression (CE)
Nerull, god of death (NE)
Obad-Hai, god of nature (N)
Olidammara, god of revelry (CN)
Pelor, god of the sun and healing (NG)
Pholtus, god of light and law (LG)
Ralishaz, god of ill luck and insanity (CN)
Rao, god of peace and reason
St. Cuthbert, god of common sense and zeal (LN)
Tharizdun, god of eternal darkness (CE)
Trithereon, god of liberty and retribution (CG)
Ulaa, goddess of hills and mountains (LG)
Vecna, god of evil secrets (NE)
Wee Jas, goddess of magic and death (LN)

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Beory 20+1=21 Giving her the love that 3E failed to provide
Boccob 20
Celestian 20
Ehlonna 20
Erythnul 20
Fharlanghn 20
Heironeous 20
Hextor 20
Kord 20
Incabulos 20
Istus 20
Iuz 20-2=18 Get lost, loser.
Nerull 20
Obad-Hai 20
Olidammara 20
Pelor 20
Pholtus 20
Ralishaz 20
Rao 20
St. Cuthbert 20
Tharizdun 20
Trithereon 20
Ulaa 20
Vecna 20
Wee Jas 20

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Beory 21
Boccob 20
Celestian 20
Ehlonna 20
Erythnul 20
Fharlanghn 20
Heironeous 20
Hextor 20
Kord 20
Incabulos 20
Istus 20
Iuz 19
Nerull 20-2=18
Obad-Hai 20
Olidammara 20
Pelor 20
Pholtus 20
Ralishaz 20
Rao 18
St. Cuthbert 20+1=21
Tharizdun 20
Trithereon 20
Ulaa 20
Vecna 20
Wee Jas 20

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Beory 21
Boccob 20
Celestian 20
Ehlonna 20
Erythnul 20
Fharlanghn 20
Heironeous 20
Hextor 20
Kord 20
Incabulos 20
Istus 20
Iuz 19
Nerull 18
Obad-Hai 20
Olidammara 20
Pelor 20
Pholtus 20
Ralishaz 20
Rao 16
St. Cuthbert 21
Tharizdun 20
Trithereon 20
Ulaa 20
Vecna 21
Wee Jas 20

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Hm, I’m going to need to do a bit of reading to familiarize myself with the Greyhawk deities, as the few I do recognize are from reimaginings of them (such as Vecna, Pelor, Tharizdun, and Kord). I’d prefer to vote based on their Greyhawk showing specifically, like I did for the FR deities.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Beory 21
Boccob 20
Celestian 20
Ehlonna 20
Erythnul 20
Fharlanghn 18
Heironeous 20
Hextor 20
Kord 21
Incabulos 20
Istus 20
Iuz 19
Nerull 18
Obad-Hai 20
Olidammara 20
Pelor 20
Pholtus 20
Ralishaz 20
Rao 16
St. Cuthbert 21
Tharizdun 20
Trithereon 20
Ulaa 20
Vecna 21
Wee Jas 20

PabloM

Adventurer
Beory 21
Boccob 20
Celestian 20
Ehlonna 20
Erythnul 20
Fharlanghn 18
Heironeous 20
Hextor 20
Kord 21
Incabulos 20
Istus 20
Iuz 19
Nerull 18
Obad-Hai 20
Olidammara 20
Pelor 20
Pholtus 20
Ralishaz 20
Rao 16
St. Cuthbert 19
Tharizdun 20
Trithereon 20
Ulaa 20
Vecna 22
Wee Jas 20

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm not voting.
I am just your friendly voice of warning.

YOU DOWNVOTE THARIZDUN AT YOUR OWN PERIL. THARIZDUN DOES NOT FORGET, AND THARIZDUN DOES NOT FORGIVE.

Tharizdun is that nameless fear you have every night before the sleep takes you ... do not tempt Tharizdun's wrath.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases