D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Deities (Part 2: Greyhawk) Boccob Advances!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I guess I am giving up on the fight for St. Cuthbert. Sigh. People have historically bad taste in gods. ;)

Beory 15
Boccob 11
Celestian 17 - 2 = 15
Heironeous 15 + 1 = 16

Obad-Hai 12
Olidammara 10
Pelor 14
St. Cuthbert 4

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I guess I never really developed a strong opinion of St. Cuthbert. He's fine, a pretty solid choice, not too odious or silly. (shrug) I haven't found a reason to upvote OR downvote him.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Not in my homebrew (or Matt Colville's) nor in Greyhawk (apparently).
I really like Matt Colville, so I looked up his saints. They aren't gods. They serve the gods who work their will through their saints, which works for me. I've just always been bothered by Cuthbert being a god and his own saint at the same time. Saints should(in my opinion) be followers of gods, not gods. :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I really like Matt Colville, so I looked up his saints. They aren't gods. They serve the gods who work their will through their saints, which works for me. I've just always been bothered by Cuthbert being a god and his own saint at the same time. Saints should(in my opinion) be followers of gods, not gods. :)
In Greyhawk, he is an ascended mortal, which kind of tracks. Methinks the old school Midwestern Protestant Gygax sort of conflated anything Catholic and pagan somewhat...

Remove ads