D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part IV: Clerics)

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
It was clearly the best option in the list, and I only switched to Tempest for lack of a better option.
If you felt there was no other better option than Tempest, then at that point you wanted it to win.

But you're right about one thing, I don't want to retcon it.
Obviously, even though it wouldn't be hard to do.

The trouble with a retcon, as @DeviousQuail says, is doing one fairly, while upsetting as few people as possible. That is the real damage to the "validity of The Survivor thread," if such a thing exists.
It wouldn't be trouble at all. If nothing else, you go back to the contest at the point when Light was mistakenly removed and continue from there. People can still vote, after all.

Here:

Grave Domain 4
Knowledge Domain 10
Light Domain 1
Tempest Domain 6

If enough people agree that some sort of special exception should be made, I'll think of something (it still won't be a retcon or a rematch, tho.)
The only other fair thing I can think of is to include both Domains as finalists.

And FWIW, you might consider these popularity contests or whatever, but for people voting ignoring a mistake is basically telling them your vote doesn't really matter. If that's the message you want to send, that's your choice.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
You're wrong about me and my reasoning, though. I wanted Protection to win, @DND_Reborn . It was clearly the best option in the list, and I only switched to Tempest for lack of a better option.

But you're right about one thing, I don't want to retcon it. (Seriously? "The validity of my Survivor threads?" That's not a thing. They are not valid for anything; this is and has always been just a popularity contest. A really weird popularity contest.)

The trouble with a retcon, as @DeviousQuail says, is doing one fairly, while upsetting as few people as possible. That is the real damage to the "validity of The Survivor thread," if such a thing exists.

THAT SAID: I'm not an unreasonable imaginary JRPG character. If the Protection Domain has taught me anything, it's that what I want doesn't count for much. If enough people agree that some sort of special exception should be made, I'll think of something (it still won't be a retcon or a rematch, tho.)
I agree. These threads are just for fun and the mistake(which we usually catch) went by us all. Let's just continue on with the winner as is. Unless you all want to just say Arcane wins.

Lycurgon

Adventurer
There really is no fair way to resolve this at this point other than declaring mistakes were made and move on.

If Light hadn't lost this 2 points, it would not have made it into the top 3. I know this because I was the one that voted straight after it was eliminated. If it was left on 1 instead of being eliminated I would have downvoted that instead. In that case my Downvote for Knowledge wouldn't have happened.
So the result (if the different numbers hadn't changed anyone's voting decisions) would be on post #512:
Knowledge 1
Tempest 3

So the next person to vote would have either eliminated Knowledge or made it K 2, T 1. Then the person after that would have decided it either way.
Which way those 1 or 2 extra people voting would have gone we can't determine.

What we know for is Knowledge and Tempest are the top 2 and Tempest was declared the winner because of a earlier mistake. 🤷

These things aren't serious and sometimes the winner is one you like and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes mistakes happen and mostly they are caught and rectified but it is too late in this case.

Even though I wanted Tempest to win, I would not be calling for a rematch or anything had Knowledge been declared the winner instead.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Even though I wanted Tempest to win, I would not be calling for a rematch or anything had Knowledge been declared the winner instead.
But this is my point. YOU wanted Tempest to win, so you downvoted Knowledge (which I wanted, of course), so Tempest won because of a mistake. Maybe you wouldn't call for a rematch, but what is wrong with me wanting one?

I agree, we can't know what the next couple of votes would have done, which of the two would win, and if Tempest won legitimately, I would be fine with that--but it didn't.

Ultimately I suppose it won't matter in the final Survivor competition--neither Cleric subclass will win against the other classes.

Wow... I should change my handle to Agent of Chaos!
Yes, yes you should. :D

Remove ads