D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part IV: Clerics)

see

Pedantic Grognard
As someone who voted against Tempest repeatedly, my opinion is that errors need to be noticed before finalization, so Tempest won.

And really, the major problem with the integrity of these Survivor threads is the totally ridiculous and utterly unnecessary ban on "see" votes!! People should be free to emulate my groundbreaking voting technique of upvoting and downvoting the same option in a single post!!

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
As someone who voted against Tempest repeatedly, my opinion is that errors need to be noticed before finalization, so Tempest won.
The problem is more no one was watching for them really. @Omand was for a while IIRC (maybe it was someone else...?).

People have work, so I didn't notice until late Friday night when I actually had time to review the votes.

This is why a 24-hour time period before declaring the victor should be used. If it was, my post would have happened within 24-hours of the final vote.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Well, you can do what I'm going to do: In the final round, when you read the words "Tempest Domain" on the list, just mentally substitute "Protection Domain" instead and vote accordingly. Nobody needs to know that you're actually voting for the real, true, best Cleric subclass; just let them falsely assume you are upvoting their mediocre substitution instead. It'll be our own little secret.

Well, you can do what I'm going to do: In the final round, when you read the words "Tempest Domain" on the list, just mentally substitute "Protection Domain" instead and vote accordingly. Nobody needs to know that you're actually voting for the real, true, best Cleric subclass; just let them falsely assume you are upvoting their mediocre substitution instead. It'll be our own little secret.
Or.. when we go to memorialize the results of these scientific, well-regulated, and highly authoritative polls in the ENWorld record books to be used as a reference tool for all of time..

Next to "Tempest", we put an asterisk to serve as the focus of future historical debate.

Edit: It's strange that you would misspell "trickery" as "protection"..I hope you're ok.

Well, I've been away for the last week, but if I'd been here I would have voted Tempest.

It's not about which is the strongest - the horribly overpowered Twighlight was one of the first to go. Or even which is the best balanced. It's which is fun. And smashing stuff and zapping stiff with spells is fun. Protecting is boring.

Remove ads