D&D 5E [5E] YP: Sunless Citadel

What Adventure should I run for my next PbP Campaign?

• Lost Mine of Phandelver

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunless Citadel

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other WotC Adventure Path

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

purplerook

First Post
Personally, I am fine with another character joining. However, the final decision is with Charwoman_Gene as she is the one who has to do the heavy lifting. If she agrees, just stroll on over to the Inn and introduce yourself.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I've already turned people away to stay at 6. I'm not willing to run 7.

Aside from FitzTheRuke, is there anyone who feels they are on a waiting list? Speak now or my rule will be any losses in players will not be filled until we dip below 4 players, if that happens.

TallIan

Explorer
Interesting. Dismissing and causing the familiar to re-appear costs an action, but there is nothing about whether there is a Verbal or Somatic component to the action. I will assume that the action require a Verbal and Somatic component.

Considering that you communicate telepathically with you familiar it would require neither.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

purplerook

First Post
Edward asked me a direct question, but my understanding is to let others post before responding with a second post. I will respond as I think it forwards the action, but please let me know if I should have waited.

TallIan

Explorer
Edward asked me a direct question, but my understanding is to let others post before responding with a second post. I will respond as I think it forwards the action, but please let me know if I should have waited.

I wouldn't worry about two or three quick, back and forth posts before others respond, especially if they aren't advancing the plot very fast. Decision making can be tiresome in PbP. I always ask; does it assist in advancing the plot? or; does it display my character's personality? but always be sure you aren't leaving slower posters behind. I find the scout get s a bit more screen time while scouting anyway, since "we wait here until the scout returns" doesn't require much in terms of maintenance and decision making.

My post was mostly to put Edgar forward to be the first person down the rope, though I was struggling to write it in character without meta gaming and making assumptions about other characters replies and was running out of time to complete the post, so I do owe a slight apology for the quality of the post.

I actually found your reply to Edgar's question very insightful to Ara's character and a "yes" vote for climbing down the rope without any further checking.

Remove ads