D&D 5E 5th edition artists need to watch Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
To be clear, in light of ArmoredSaint's comment, the purpose was to show a body type, rather than armor, or lack thereof. The character in question would be a monk (in D&D terms) and thus no armor. But I'm not suggesting that for all D&D art :)

Libramarian

Adventurer
You have forced me to Google Kim Kardashian :) She is about 120 pounds and stands 5 foot 2. She is a size 4.

However, that isn't really why I wanted to reply. I guess my question for you is, what kind of body type would you consider to be inclusive for a female heroine? Because to me, Korra is very atypical from the fantasy art that has been in D&D. What would you consider to be more inclusive in terms of body type (assuming we are talking about someone who is a reasonably athletic adventurer?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

More apples, bananas and pears I suppose.

"A study of the shapes of over 6,000 women, carried out by researchers at the North Carolina State University circa 2005, found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[18]"

Libramarian

Adventurer
You need to expand your horizons.

Korra reminds me a lot of Brazilian actress Ildi Silva.

I am always open to expanding my horizons when it comes to incredibly beautiful women.

But still, it goes to my point that this is not a particularly realistic image.

Killer GM

First Post
This image does not resemble any woman I have ever seen.

She looks like Kim Kardashian with blue contacts in blackface.

Intriguing, but not realistic. Certainly not inclusive.

Did you really just take an uplifting and independent female character modeled after a native Inuit and call them Kim Kardashian with blackface, one of the more damaging racist and derogatory things in America?

Alouicious

First Post
I am always open to expanding my horizons when it comes to incredibly beautiful women.

But still, it goes to my point that this is not a particularly realistic image.

What exactly is unrealistic about it? The muscle tone? The skin color? The eye color? Have you ever seen the Avatar series? Are you aware she's basically the equivalent of Inuit?

More importantly, do you ever post anywhere and not have awful opinions?

Hussar

Legend
For those bitching about "womyn" did you even bother to follow the link? It's a massive collection of art from DeviantArt, some good, some bad, but all following the same concept - no chainmail bikinis, not exploitation. Good grief, while I realize that bashing political correctness is all the rage, let's not get too carried away here.

"Oh noes, they spelled it with a "y", save us from those nazi feminists!" Jeez.

I mean, what's wrong with this:

a733f61264331e0334f7da1c36929073-d31swdz.jpg

Nellisir

Hero
This image does not resemble any woman I have ever seen.

She looks like Kim Kardashian with blue contacts in blackface.

Intriguing, but not realistic. Certainly not inclusive.

Are we looking at the same picture? I'm seeing Lynn Collins as Dejah Thoras, not Kim Kardashian. I'm REALLY not seeing "blackface".

And FWIW, I thought Lynn Collins was refreshingly NOT twiglike, and actually looked like she had muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads