D&D 5E 9 1/2 Warlords

How will you participate in DM's Guild as a Warlord fan?

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
To Be Fair, I was going with the Marshal as a class name - with a side of Warlord.

Magnate.JPG

Sadras

Legend
Lemon Curry for me I'm afraid.
I enjoy the discussions and think-tank of the Temporary Warlord Forum, but there is no demand for the class/subclass at our table.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I'm really digging [MENTION=6801209]mellored[/MENTION] 's Weapon Master, somewhat to my surprise. The healyhealy build is a little lighter on the healyhealing than I like, but the "hit dice are at least your Cha mod" thing is a really nice, simple way to go about it, and it has SOME ability (very, very late...) to stand up a "dead" ally. I also found myself rather pleased with the new takes (the "Warlord" subclass being a brutal fighter who exploits fear and slavery was an unexpected idea but interesting). And that's just from reading the non-"technique" parts. I'm...actually tempted to buy it, which says a LOT considering I have a discretionary spending budget of $13 this week! :p

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Yea, it's a solid buy. The weapon techniques are actually my favorite part, even when not integrated as part of the class. I think a feat allowing someone to access all of the adept portions of the techniques would be solid, and not overpowered. (Since you have to carry the individual weapons and actually draw them to switch between features).

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Yea, it's a solid buy. The weapon techniques are actually my favorite part, even when not integrated as part of the class. I think a feat allowing someone to access all of the adept portions of the techniques would be solid, and not overpowered. (Since you have to carry the individual weapons and actually draw them to switch between features).

I couldn't see more than the simple weapons (and not even all of those) in the preview, but I did like what I saw there. Might need to give it a level prereq to make sure Variant Humans aren't picking up the Martial Weapon benefits at level 1, but otherwise...

mellored

Legend
That would be like Magical Initiate giving access to all the level 1 and 2 spells and 1 spell slot.
Probably not overpowered, but kinda undermines mutliclassing.

Though i did just realize that i didn't state what to use as your Stratagem modifier with the feat.

Remove ads