D&D 4E A 4E Combat Encounter - Round by Round Descritpion

Delgar

First Post
I've edited and fixed some of the mistakes.

And come on, tell me that a kobold charging at you weilding a child's torso isn't cool? :)

DarkAngel1979

First Post
I also believe that the Dwarf Fighter has an ability that cancels movement if she hits during an OA, so for instance when the Kobold tried to shift away and got hit, it should have stuck to the Dwarf instead of moving about. But I could be wrong, as I don't have the character sheet besides me (but I feel confident, seeing as that's one of the perks I was trying to explain to my gf when we looked at different characters she could play in my upcoming demo).

cdrcjsn

First Post
DarkAngel1979 said:
I also believe that the Dwarf Fighter has an ability that cancels movement if she hits during an OA, so for instance when the Kobold tried to shift away and got hit, it should have stuck to the Dwarf instead of moving about. But I could be wrong, as I don't have the character sheet besides me (but I feel confident, seeing as that's one of the perks I was trying to explain to my gf when we looked at different characters she could play in my upcoming demo).

I think it ends their current movement, but if they have other actions left (standard for example), they can use that to do another action of movement.

cdrcjsn

First Post
Thanks for posting this btw. It was very amusing. I enjoyed the little side comments.

I've met Tim and Mike before when they visited up north a few years ago for an RPGA convention. I had a mental image of them saying the things you've written as I was reading. =)

Cedric

Transit

First Post
Delgar, great write up!

I'm curious if you were using any sort of markers or cards to keep track of conditions, ongoing damage, powers having been used up, etc. or were you keeping track of it all in your head as you ran this?

FadedC

First Post
DarkAngel1979 said:

When the fighter attacks a shifting character it's an immediate action, not an OA. So it doesn't stop the kobold from moving.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Nice to see some of the minion stuff implemented. Minions having fixed damage and effectively "1" hit points makes a DM playing a ton of them less daunting. And I know of a few players that will be happy to hear when a minion "crits" it doesn't actually deal more damage, since they deal fixed damage anyway.

DarkAngel1979

First Post
FadedC said:
When the fighter attacks a shifting character it's an immediate action, not an OA. So it doesn't stop the kobold from moving.

Ah yes. Makes sense. I feel it's a tad counterintuitive though. It also seems to me that her ability on OA would rarely actually be used, and would only serve as a deterrent, as only a pretty desperate monster would attempt a non-shift move that threatens an OA.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases