D&D 5E A 5e D&D combat simulator website (on steroids)

Greggy C

Hero
https://dndcombat.com

I always loved carefully balancing encounters in older editions, comparing total hit points on either side with total damage/round either side throws out. This goes much further to be a full blown simulation calculating spell area of effects, ranges of weapons, movement per turn, actions, bonus actions and much more. I don't have every spell/class feature/monster full implemented but there is a ton already done over the last year.

Its not designed for mobile, though will work with effort. Its quite advanced, you can build custom characters, create unique monsters, you can setup battles of PC vs PC or monster showdown. You can simulate multi wave encounters. Its a little slow to load the first time you open the page but your browser will cache the page content and run faster next time.

The current updates are adding custom scripting (javascript) so you can program your own spells and effects !

If you have any questions hit me up on the discord: Join the DnDCombat Discord Server!

It's pretty cool. But clearly there is something amiss in the AI because the fights keep lasting like 12 rounds, which I've seen happen in 5e maybe twice, and never in a straightforward both sides line up and wail on each other fight.

Oofta

Legend
https://dndcombat.com

I always loved carefully balancing encounters in older editions, comparing total hit points on either side with total damage/round either side throws out. This goes much further to be a full blown simulation calculating spell area of effects, ranges of weapons, movement per turn, actions, bonus actions and much more. I don't have every spell/class feature/monster full implemented but there is a ton already done over the last year.

Its not designed for mobile, though will work with effort. Its quite advanced, you can build custom characters, create unique monsters, you can setup battles of PC vs PC or monster showdown. You can simulate multi wave encounters. Its a little slow to load the first time you open the page but your browser will cache the page content and run faster next time.

The current updates are adding custom scripting (javascript) so you can program your own spells and effects !

If you have any questions hit me up on the discord: Join the DnDCombat Discord Server!

I haven't had the chance to really use this yet, but a minor nitpick. Black background makes the dark blue links virtually impossible to read.

In any case hopefully I'll get a chance to really try this out soon, it's quite the ambitious task you've set yourself!

Greggy C

Hero
It's pretty cool. But clearly there is something amiss in the AI because the fights keep lasting like 12 rounds, which I've seen happen in 5e maybe twice, and never in a straightforward both sides line up and wail on each other fight.
Definitely the characters and monsters are at a fraction of their power in until all the spells are implemented (fully). A work in progress for sure.

Greggy C

Hero
I haven't had the chance to really use this yet, but a minor nitpick. Black background makes the dark blue links virtually impossible to read.

In any case hopefully I'll get a chance to really try this out soon, it's quite the ambitious task you've set yourself!
Good point, not sure why that intro page has blue on it, I'll fix it up. (Fixed).

Last edited:

Greggy C

Hero
So would you say this fight, which is with all tested monsters, 8 rounds is way too long? How many rounds do you think the same group of players, same skills, weapons (they only have one +1 item each) they should end it with?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases