D&D 2E A bunch of 2e PDFs seem to have bumped up in price

Inflation!

Or they are price point testing to see if going to the 2nd digit (i.e., > 9) will change people's buying behaviors.

I worked for a company years ago that did the same thing. We found a flat part of the demand curve where we could raise prices without decreasing purchases. It's kinda ruthless, but... yeah.

Simon Miles

Creator of the World of Barnaynia FRPG setting
I am reading that sales are plummeting so it's understandable if frustrating that prices rise to try and maintain enough to live on. For us, it's a hobby so our pricing is aimed for value without sacrificing quality, and our prices aren't changing any time soon... www.dunrominuniversitypress.co.uk

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Inflation!

Or they are price point testing to see if going to the 2nd digit (i.e., > 9) will change people's buying behaviors.

I worked for a company years ago that did the same thing. We found a flat part of the demand curve where we could raise prices without decreasing purchases. It's kinda ruthless, but... yeah.
Yeah, WotC definitely needs to squeeze more. I mean, how are they going to keep the lights on otherwise?

Remove ads