A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaliban stood on Hawthorne's shoulders, swords out. He was able to duck under low-hanging moss without disrupting his balance. Hawthorne, on the other hand, waded waste-deep into the damp black plant-matter, and struggled to get through. Finally, he was able to hoist Kaliban up into the north-west tunnel, and to climb up himself. By the time he pulled himself up, his trousers were so saturated with slimy moss-goo, that he could only waddle in discomfort.

OOC: Hawthorne's speed is reduced to 20 feet until he can change his pants.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon has tried his best, and the appearance of the second Meenlock makes him realize that he is not able to hold off the inevitable any more. "I'm sorry, suh. There's more than one ov'em." (The voice emanates from the moss, not giving any help for his position.)

He lets go, and withdraws from the fight. He doesn't like to lose, but the screaming in his head, the darkness, and the numbers of opponents are just too much.

OOC: Grapple damage: 1d4=3.
Action: Disengage.
Move -- Away from the meenlocks. He can't hide, but perhaps he can escape.

Relentless Endurance ready in case anyone hits him.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Crock Jon shoved one meenlock into the other, giving himself a moment to make his escape. He was completely turned around and had no idea which way to go to escape - away from the meenlocks was all he could manage. He pushed his way through the moss until, by a lucky twist of fate, he came upon Kaliban (with Hawthorne not far behind).

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Having some space now that he doesn't need to guard Argenti and Ethian, the elemental smashes the meenlock into the wall, pulping its ribcage.

Stepping over the remains, Cairn is fairly certain he will emerge into the area cleared by Argenti.

Action: Cairn vs M2; damage:
1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
2D6+4 = [3, 4]+4 = 11

Move: across the body, toward Ethian and Argenti (hopefully) - WIS is +1 if the save is still needed, roll as needed

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With Ethian safely out of the way, Cairn pummeled the stunned meenlock.

OOC: Yup. Cairn finished ML2. ML1 and ML4 decided not to pursue Crock Jon when he escaped, so for now, we're out of combat rounds.

End of Encounter.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ethian remained in a nightmare stupor for a full minute before Argenti could revive him. As an elf, Ethian did not sleep and therefore, did not dream. He had never quite experienced anything like a nightmare (the closest he could imagine was being poisoned). He was understandably shaken.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I'm in rough shape, suh. I'm sorry I couldn't hold on. Were others hurt?"

Crock Jon asks Kaliban, or anyone else. "I'll need a moment."

Neurotic

Cairn used the time the group found each other to clear up the space Argenti started clearing. He pushed all cleared moss into the chokepoint where Ethian and he killed their meenlock, leaving only one easy path of access. He positioned himself there and leaned into the dark wall of the mine, becoming just one more protrusion on the wall.

He tries to become one with the stone, drawing vitality from his contact...but the stones of the mine are as hostile as ever and he barely recovers any mass.

OOC: Block AK10, clear the tunnel from AL-AQ and stand guard at AP11 (Stealth +1 if needed)
Also, short rest: Short rest: 1D10+3 = [1]+3 = 4 - bad luck :(

Neurotic

"Argenti-boss, this one disagrees. We, separated, could all run around forever. They, the other group, will find us if we move slowly and call out. And clear out the moss. And we, this group here, need to make a safe base. Ethian-leader is still out."

Remove ads