A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"I'll need a moment".

Hawthorne is about to place a friendly hand upon the shoulder of the halfork, until he looks and see just how disgusting and sludgey-mossy his gloves are now. It hovers for a second over Crock Jon's shoulder, then he brings his hand back down to his side. "No worries, Crock Jon, we can give that to you, absolutely."

He takes a second to consider his pack and what he has in it, then sighs inwardly. "I don't have anything to give you to help with your injuries I'm afraid. But once you've regained your breath, maybe we can meet back up with the others quickly and then take a full breather to help you feel a bit better, eh?"

He takes a few moments to look both ways down the tunnel and cups a gross hand to his ear to try and hear anything of note, hopefully someone in the other group.

OOC: WIS (Perception) w/Disadvantage: (11/18) 11+7=18

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Yes. Thank you. Let's go now,' says Crock Jon holding his shoulder where the Meenlock had bit into him, staunching the blood.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It took nearly half an hour of careful searching, with noises seeming to come from all sides (that later turned out to be nothing), for the Black Dragon Agents to be reunited. By then they were fed up with the place entirely, and concerned that they would have trouble ever finding their way out.

Cairn had hollowed out a space free of black moss where they could discuss their plans (and potentially get a much-needed breather).

OOC: I can allow a short rest, I think. It's not comfortable, though. Just barely restful.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
After he had caught his breath, Crock Jon lay down in the moss and had a quick nap, snoring gently (or at least more gently than one might expect of a half-orc his size).

OOC: Second wind (before rest): +1d10+4=14 HP
Short rest: 2d10+4=16 HP.

HP 31/36. 2 dice spent. Second wind recharged.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The unnatural tunnel was dark, cramped, moist, and smelled of spoors from the crushed moss. To make things worse, there was still the combination of strange half-heard sounds (and yet all true sound was still muffled), a terrible sense of dread, dizziness, and the occasional visual hallucination.

Crock Jon slept, but his gentle snoring soon turned into grunts and moans as his one dream turned to a nightmare, and he woke with a start. When it was time to get moving again, everyone agreed that they should try to get this over with as quickly as possible.

A fey infestation was a thing to be feared, but it was ultimately an infestation like any other. These meenlocks could be killed - therefore this infestation could be exterminated.

OOC: But which way to go? It's incredibly difficult to get your bearings, but at least the tunnels don't actually shift around. Hawthorne and Kaliban have a decent idea of the immediate area. 5 directions present themselves: 1) A tunnel where a meenlock ambushed H&K; 2) The waist-deep moss pit. (a way downward); 3, 4, & 5) Three other tunnels near where Crock Jon was fighting.

MossMaze0.jpg

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"This, moss." Argenti says with a hint of distain. "It hampers the earth so much."

"I feel like this path behind me leads deeper in, but that might be another illusion."

OOC: Argenti is pointing at route 1. Also, remind me to use more spell slots. Short resting is the point of a warlock.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ethian is grateful for the rest, although he doesn’t sleep, he lays back, letting his thoughts wonder

OOC: 2hd used for 16 hp, lucky rolls! Ethian is at 26/27 hp

During their discussion, Ethian agrees with Argenti “As far as I’m concerned, we either go deeper, or we go back up to check on the others. And we’re already here, so might as well continue”

Remove ads