A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Shall I try to grab 'im for yuh, sir?" he asks waving his arms in hopes of distracting the creature for the professionals.
Ethian lets the others pass first and then runs down the stairs. He voices his agreement to Crock Jon :"Go for it!". He stands ready to strike should the creature turn hostile.

OOC: Ready action: Ethian will cast booming blade on the creature if it makes a hostile move. From counting the squares, he should be next to it in the staircase. @J3/ J15 which I think are the same spot) If I miscounted/misinterpreted the map, change my actions to dash to i5

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Shedrick? Are you hurt?" Argenti asks as she makes her way to the top of the stairs, ready for trouble.

OOC: Moving to g 15, reading an action to Eldritch Blast the creature should it make an aggressive action

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Everyone rushed for the stairs. The creature was grabbing at Shedrick with its claw-like hand. While Croc Jon thundered down the creaky steps, Kaliban leaped over and telekinetically lifted the lad away, placing him safely near the open front door. The creature looked about in dismay and shrieked - the chilling sound like a woman in distress. It ducked as Hawthorne fired a crossbow bolt from the top of the stairs (it was more a warning shot than an attempt to harm the thing) and as it found itself increasingly surrounded, it stepped back into the shadows under the stairs, folding them around itself.

Suddenly, it was by Shedrick again, in the shadow of the front door. Thankfully, instead of grabbing at the lad, who now had his sword out, it ducked away from him and out the door, but it was obviously distressed by the daylight, and it covered its face with a malformed arm and stumbled on the stoop while making shrieking noises.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlock
MayorHouse2.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Stairs and Furniture
Visibility: Inside Dim; Outside Bright (It's daytime)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 31/31 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Crock Jon AC14 HP 36/36 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP12* SD 4/4
Ethian AC19* HP 27/27 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1
Hawthorne AC14 HP 31/31 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 35/35 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's)
Ruznami AC15 HP 26/26 THP 7/7 AW10/10 HD 4/4 PP10* PInv15 SS 4/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Shedrick AC13 HP 16/16 THP 1/7 PP12
Meenlock AC15 HP 31/31 PP14*
GM: End Round One; Begin Round Two

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Shedrick had opened his mouth to complain to Argenti about his ribs, which were sore from where the creature had pinched him when he'd flown through the air to the door.

When the thing appeared beside him in the doorway, he called out, "Ah! It's over here now!"

OOC: Shedrick is at 10/16 HP

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon sees the creature at the doorway, and sees it resist the daylight. He steps up to it and attempts to grab it. If he is successful, he begins to walk it outside into the light, away from shadows.

"I think I got 'im for yuh, sir."

OOC: Move 20' to J9.
Action: attempt to grapple. 1d20+6=24. Assuming that's a hit, speed is now halved, so remaining 10' --> 5'.
Move 5' with creature to J8 (it's at J7), or towards a better light source if there is one.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ruznami Warmaker
Vermellion
Day 24/Morning
Round 2

Ruznami clambered further down the stairs, nearly reaching the bottom, but he could see the creature now holding Shedrick. Argenti was a bit in the way, but the dwarven mage lifted his wand and swirled it, gathering fire and shooting it at the creature.

Save:
Move: Move to K5 (double move cost through Ethian)
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Scorching Ray at the meenlock (probably with cover from Argenti)
Scorching Ray fire damage: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
2D6 = [4, 1] = 5
1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
2D6 = [1, 6] = 7
1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
2D6 = [2, 2] = 4

Bonus Action:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack, Absorb Elements, Shield
  • Opportunity Attack:

Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Ruznami
Initiative: +2
Perception: +0
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 26/26 HD: 4/4d6+2

Archimedes (Owl familiar)
Initiative: +1
Perception: +3 Advantage, Darkvision 120
Speed: 60 (fly); 5 (walk)
AC: 11
HP: 1

Prepared Spells
Cantrips:
Blade Ward, Booming Blade, Fire Bolt, Lightning Lure
1) 4/4 Absorb Elements, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
2) 3/3 Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray
Rituals
(1)
Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify
Spellbook
(1)
Absorb Elements, Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
(2) Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray

Leave flowers on the grave of Lukas Grosvenor’s wife Lorna.
Look for Lorna’s necklace in the hollow tree.

Hawthorne Grandview - male Human rogue inquisitive
Kaliban - male deep gnome psi-warrior

Kaliban blinks as the creature vanishes again in the darkness. He turns at the yelp of Shedrick and moves towards the creature. Once he gets close he waits, only striking if it breaks free from Crock Jon's grasp.

OOC: I will move to I9 and ready my action for if it breaks free of Crock Jon's grapple. If it does I will strike it with my rapier.

Readied Rapier strike on Meenlock.: 1d20+5 11 1d8+3 7. Roll just incase I can use the readied action.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"What in Mount Celestia's name is going on down there?!? Shedrick, when in the hells did you learn to fly?!? Does my father know you had that magic and just never told me, because I would be very disappointed in being kept in the dark about something like that!"

If/when the folks in front of him on the stairs make their way down, Hawthorne follows. Otherwise he remains where he is at the back of the line.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Ethian will come down the stairs and do anything he can to help Croc grapple and drag the creature to the light
OOC: croc’s roll was good, but he gets a help action for what it’s worth

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases