A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Kaliban moves up to engage the green fey creature, Hawthorne realizes the trouble they are in. A wave of fear tries to overtake him, but he powers through it and immediately pulls out his rapier and moves adjacent to the meenlock so that Kaliban's attacks distract it and allow him to sneak a good stab in. Luckily, he just barely finds purchase and the thin blade slides into its side.

OOC: WIS saving throw: (19)+3=22
Rapier attack: (11)+4=15
Damage w/Sneak Attack: (8)+2+(3)=13 piercing damage

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Crock Jon struggled with his opponent. He managed to stop the meenlock from grabbing him with its pincher-claws, but he couldn't get in position to harm it. They struggled across the intersection, stumbling through knee-high moss and bumping into it with their heads and backs.

Ethian tried to stab the one in front of him with his sword, but the meenlock seemed to disappear into the moss and then popped out beside him, grabbling him with a vise-like grip that sent chills up his spine. Behind him, Argenti seemed to be panicking, pulling at the moss around her so that she could see. As the moss fell down in smelly clumps, she found the bare stone of the tunnel, and the sight of real stone seemed to calm her down.

Cairn slammed his rock into the ground with moss falling down around him. The meenlock wasn't there when he lifted it again. Instead, it was above him, clinging to the mossy ceiling. It reached for his head, but he sunk his rock-head into his shoulders, and it couldn't get a good grip on him.

Further away, but closer than they knew, Hawthorne and Kaliban both slashed solid cuts into their meenlock, who squealed a high-pitched scream that was muffled by the moss. It grabbed Hawthorne's arm, which went numb under the force of its grip.

OOC: Hawthorne and Kaliban did 24 to ML4; everyone else missed. Meenlocks got Ethian for 10 and Hawthorne for 6 (they must roll dc11 Con saves or become paralysed for 1 minute. I don't like abilities that make players sit the game out, but it is what it is.) I need the saves before I can roll the round.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Having failed to subdue Hawthorne, the meenlock in front of him and Kaliban faded into the moss and disappeared.

OOC: Shadow-stepped away, just to be a pain in the butt.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"OH, COME ON!" Hawthorne shouts, as the meenlock disappears into the shadows of the moss. "All right, hang on--" he says, and he closes his eyes and focuses on the sounds and echoes throughout the tunnel, trying to get a sense of either the fey creature, or their allies.

OOC: WIS (Perception) check: (14)+7=21

As the sounds of the others in the tunnels make their way towards him and his svirfneblin ally tied to him, he opens his eyes and points in the direction he thinks can lead them forward to at least somebody. "That way! Let's go that way!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: If Kaliban agrees, I'll move him and Hawthorne for Round One, and then again for Round Two (to get them 30 feet through difficult terrain.) I'm going to roll the round now, but I still need to know if Ethian is paralyzed.

GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlocks in the Mossy Maze
MineMossMaze2.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Everywhere (Moss is heavy, terrain uneven)
Visibility: Dark (Underground); Obscured by moss (You can only see adjacent 5')
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 31/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Cairn AC18 HP 43/43 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13** 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Crock Jon AC14 HP 22/36 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP12* SD 4/4
Ethian AC19* HP 15/27 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1
Hawthorne AC14 HP 25/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 35/35 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's)
Meenlocks AC15 HP 37ea PP14*
-ML1 36/37; ML2 37/37; ML3 37/37; ML4 13/37;
GM: End Round One; Begin Round Two

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
OOC: Just remembered that I think I still have disadvantage on my INT and WIS checks? Not that it ends up mattering, as I rolled higher on this second check than my last one anyway, so the 21 is still the number.

(15)+7=22

Remove ads