A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Argenti watched as Ethian chose the quickest way to get out of the collapsing chamber - he ducked under some roots of the old tree, and dove into the tunnel that was hidden behind them, from where two meenlocks had earlier emerged.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The meenlock he had been punching was now covered in debris, and dead. There was one behind him still, but in the dust, Crock Jon couldn't see him. Even that was unnerving, and may have helped inform the next choice he made. What he could see was Kaliban and Ethian heading in different directions. Concerned that Ethian would be alone, he followed him, across the debris which was still settling.

OOC: Wis save vs. Meenlock 3 (if needed) 1d20+0=8. Fail.
Move and Dash 60' (=30' in difficult terrain) towards the West exit. To AG28?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Cairn, take care of Hawthorn and Kaliban!" Argenti calls out as she darts into the roots to the west.

OOC: Splitting the party by necessity, might as well try an even split to give us the best chances of survival.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sliding overtop of the fallen rocks, Argenti was able to get through the roots and to help Ethian safely into the western tunnel. Crock Jon followed them but was struck by falling rocks as he made his way under where the western-most pillar had been.

OOC: Crock Jon should be okay, hopefully. He needs to roll a dc13 STR save or take 13 bludgeoning damage & be restrained. (6 damage if he makes it). @DEFCON 1 & @Neurotic I assume you both run northward? ML3 will provoke an opportunity attack from Hawthorne as it runs (it's TP didn't recharge).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the ceiling continues its collapse, Hawthorne dashes past the meenlock as it reaches out to him... rushing back up to the corridor where they had original entered.
OOC: Double move towards AO24 and as much further past that as possible into the corridor.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn moves northward, blocking the passage after everyone went through with his back. Once the rumbling subsided, he returns to his normal size.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With rocks falling all around them, and the floor made uneven with dirt and debris and a cloud of dust making it hard to see and to breathe, Kaliban and Hawthorne arrived at the mouth of the tunnel that they had come from at the same time as the last fleeing Meenlock. Cairn supported much of the rocks above him, but stones still tumbled down upon them over his shoulders.

OOC: Cairn will take 13 (dc13 STR save for half); Kaliban & Hawthorne will take 7 bludgeoning (dc13 DEX save for half, which you can have advantage on in the shelter of Cairn's body. Hawthorne's Speed is not more than 30, right? I don't think he could have gotten further than AO26. One more round here, I think.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlocks in Collapsing Chamber
1663710263544.png

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Everywhere (thick moss; uneven ground, rocky debris)
Visibility: Dark (Underground);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 28/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Cairn AC18 HP 27/43 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13** 2W 1/1 AS 1/1 (fright)
Crock Jon AC14 HP 14/36 THP 0/7 HD 2/4 PP12* SD 4/4 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Ethian AC19* HP 16/27 THP 0/7 HD 2/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1 (fright)
Hawthorne AC14 HP 13/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 21/35 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's) AS 1/1 (fright)
Meenlocks AC15 HP 37ea PP14*
-ML1 0/37 (dead); ML2 0/37 (dead); ML3 30/37; ML4 0/37 (dead);
GM: End Round Six; Begin Round Seven

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases