A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Drop the support?" Argenti looks confusedly at the destroyed pillars, the meenlocks, the boxes they are holding, and the ropes attached.

Unsure of her own actions, the genasi comes out from behind the pillar and strikes at the cord with her dagger.

OOC: You ever notice how most attack cantrips can't target objects? This is either the smartest or dumbest thing Argenti has done.

Moving to AK26, cause Crock Jon is in AK27
Dagger attack against the rope: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Crock Jon slugged the meenlock who was holding one of the little boxes, and it fell off its feet into the moss. Argenti grabbled the "rope" that connected that box to the pillar and sawed her way through it with her dagger.

While Hawthorne was recovering from the explosion, the meenlock culprit attempted to pass him by, moving for a fourth pillar's rope-and-box, that was hidden under the mossy growth to the south.

OOC: I'm going to give @DEFCON 1 Hawthorne a chance to stop him (still has his action this round); @Steve Gorak You will be happy to know that your SpiritWeapon has advantage on its strike against ML2, who is reeling from Cairn's rumble. (@Kobold Stew Crock Jon also would have had advantage, if you want to try to crit-fish).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hawthorne struggles to get to his feet and he sees the meenlock passing him and going for the final box and explosive device. He immediately tries to beat the creature there by doing a forward roll and attempting to grab the box and cord to get it out of the fey creature's reach. Unfortunately while his roll put him slightly ahead of the creature, his hand misses the box and he tumbles to a halt just as the meelock reaches it.

OOC: DEX (Acrobatics) move to AP33: [18]+4=22
DEX (Sleight of Hand) to grab box: [2]+2=4

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Though the moss was not nearly as cumbersome as it had been in the tunnels, it was still difficult to roll through. Hawthorn missed the box, and the meenlock picked it up and forced the "plunger" down with its clawed hand. A third pillar exploded, showering Cairn with impertinent stones.

The ceiling had originally been held by four pillars. Three of them were now gone and the last could not hold the weight on its own. Dirt and rocks began to fall from above, showering the room in noise and debris.

OOC: Cairn will take 12 bludgeoning (dc12 DEX save for half); Everyone else will take 7 (dc12 DEX save for half). @VLAD the Destroyer Kaliban hasn't gone this round. @Steve Gorak You can reroll the attack for the Spirit Weapon against the stunned meenlock.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Don't...! Grrrmbh...we, the adventurers, need to get out. Argenti-boss, stay close."

Cairn looms over the genasi absorbing more punishment. But some of the stone stucks into his body and actually seems to incorporate into the stone of his body.

neurotic: D20 - 1#cairndexsave → 9(10 - 1)#Cairn Dex save
neurotic: D20#cairnstoneknowledge → 5 (5)#Cairn stone knowledge - no idea what the modifier might be (+1 int +2 from proficiency for stone?), low roll anyhow - trying to gauge how much time before the thing collapses. And why would the meenlocks kill themselves?!

HP: 13 / 45 - using second wind!!
neurotic: D10 + 4#cairnsecondwind → 14(10 + 4)#Cairn second wind
HP: 27 / 45

Last edited:

Kaliban deftly rolls away from the collapsing ceiling, getting hit by a couple chunks of rock and dirt but avoiding most of the collapse. He glances through the dust left over from the collapse and moves towards the closest meenlock but the moss and rubble hinder his progress.

OOC: DC 12 Dex Save: 1d20+3 23
Not sure if I am still frightened since the meenlock that triggered my fear died. I will move towards meenlock 2 unless my fear prevents it. I don't have the movement to in melee range so I can't do much else.

Wis Save in case I am still frightened.: 1d20+0 2

Remove ads