A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn crashes through the roots surrounding him and slams his stony hands into the meenlock threatening Kaliban.
"We, this group of adventurers, we slay as many as needed. The task is to protect Argenti-boss. Argenti-boss needs to clear the mine. Ethian-leader lead us here. The mine needs clearing, the stones are rude."

Cairn rumbles, audible even through roots cracking under his weight and the sound of scraping of wood on stone. And even above thudding of stone on flesh.

Move: AF29 - AG30 (two steps diagonally left and up, blocking the exit)
neurotic: D20 + 6#cairnattack → 21(15 + 6)#Cairn attack ML1
neurotic: 3D6 + 4 → 17( (3 +6 +4) + 4)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hawthorne ducks back behind the wall to move out of sight from the meenlock remaining outside the chamber, and then sneaks in the darkness back behind the pillar he was previously behind. He quickly reloads his crossbow and then leans out from behind the pillar to snipe at it with an advantage gained from the meenlock not knowing where the shot was coming from.

OOC: Move AQ27 - AR28 - AQ29 - AP30 then DEX (Stealth) check vs PP14: [11]+4=15 success
Crossbow Attack w/Advantage on Meenlock3: [1/6]+4=10 miss

However, as he leans out from behind the pillar and fires out into the tunnel beyond, he discovers the path to the creature is narrow enough that the bolt ricochets harmlessly off the walls of the chamber and scatters to the ground, not even coming close to hitting his target.

"What the--?!? By all that is holy!!!" he exclaims.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon scoffs at himself, and abandons his net. In the corner he sees one of the opponents -- is it the one he held on to for so long? Regardless, he heads towards it now and swings, but misses.

OOC: Move to AH25.
Attack Meenlock 2. Punch: 1d20+6=10

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Cairn and Ethian moved in to help Kaliban, nearly beating the creature to death before it pinched Kaliban with its oversized, mangled-looking pincher, and then disappeared into the shadows.

Argenti flung a rock at the meenlock in the corner who appeared to be up to something with a strange chord that was attached to the pillar. The stone missed, striking the wall. Then Crock Jon stumbled through the mossy floor and slammed his fist into that meenlock's face. The creature stumbled, but it lifted a little box at the end of the chord and manipulated it with his pinchers. Suddenly the pillar next to Kaliban exploded into a shower of stones that threw Kaliban and Ethian and rained down on Cairn and Crock Jon and left everyone with a ringing in their ears.

OOC: Cairn does 17 & Ethian does 19 to ML1 (leaving it at 1); ML1 did 6 to Kaliban (who has to roll a dc11 CON save or be paralyzed!) then teleported away (does that cause booming blade to trigger? I forget.) Crock Jon did 10 to ML2 before it triggered an explosion that gets Cairn, Crock Jon, Ethian, and Kaliban for 10 bludgeoning damage (dc12 DEX save for half, and you are thrown 10 ft. from the pillar, which is no longer there.) I will do more after we see the results. Sorry for the long wait! Oh, in addition, which I keep forgetting, Cairn, Crock Jon, Ethian, and Kaliban need to roll a dc11 WIS save or be frightened during their next turn.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon swings at the Meenlock, and then gets caught in an explosion, which throws him across the room.

"Sucker punch," he explains to himself.

OOC: Rolls: Dex vs DC 12: 1d20+2=4 FAIL. Crock Jon takes 10 damage damage and is thrown 10'. HP 21/36.
Wis vs. DC 11: 1d20+0=19. PASS! But he is not afraid.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Cairn is large right now. And probably weights a literal ton. Did he get thrown?

Cairn, never a quick and dexterous one, now taking a space of four normal creatures doesn't even try to get out of the blast. He flinches, who wouldn't, but doesn't manage much more than that, taking full blast into the face.
"RRMMMRMMM!"
Deep rumble reminiscent of earthquake aftershock comes from within him. The vibration puts the meenlock who activated the explosion into a sleepy state.

when a creature you can see ends its turn within 30 feet of you, you can use your reaction to invoke the rune and force the creature to make a Wisdom saving throw DC 13. Unless the save succeeds, the creature is charmed by you for 1 minute. While charmed in this way, the creature has a speed of 0 and is incapacitated, descending into a dreamy stupor. The creature repeats the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.

Remove ads