A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn looks after the creature and rumbles, continuing on their original route.
"Hawthore-leader, the fey will try to evade the group and attack us one by one from ambush. Let's find the rest of the group. Argenti-boss is unprotected."

Kaliban looks to Cairn.

"I believe Argenti is with Crock Jon. They were together when the last room collapsed. The creature over here is gone. I think there might only be the one left."

Kaliban then follows in the direction of Crock Jon. He keeps his sword read and shield up, prepared to strike if the meenlock reappears.

OOC: Following Hawthorn towards Crock Jon's shout. Perception to see anything.

Looking for an enemy: 1d20 4

If I can I will ready an attack to strike at any enemy that gets near me.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaliban could not see the meenlock that had appeared behind Crock Jon, but it was apparent that the creature had retreated down the tunnel.

OOC: Shall we give chase? After it's out of sight, Crock Jon will be able to follow while calming down. I feel like doing one more "grand finale"-style encounter if everyone is with me, just to stop this game from having fizzled out at the end, if you're with me.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Cairn has blind sight in case he needs to detect some poor sod hiding in the moss. Still depends on hide check, but not sight (might be important if the only thing preventing LoS is moss and the creature is otherwise not concealed

"This elemental was sent to protect Argenti, not chase through unfriendly caves." Cairn pauses, rumbling quietly to himself "The best way to protect The Boss is to annihilate the threat. This one is with you, the majority."
He follows into the moss

Kaliban looks to the others. Once it is agreed that they should continue he leads the way into the moss filled tunnel. He keeps his eyes open for any threats as he moves cautiously deeper into the tunnels.

OOC: I am all for pushing to finish this up.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Agents of the Black Dragon Gate Mining Consortium ventured deep into the maze-like mossy tunnels, for what would hopefully be one last time. They followed the nebulous sign of the creature until they came to a deep, damp cavern.

Like all the tunnels, there was much brown moss about, obscuring their sight lines, catching their feet, dulling all sound, and covering hidden hazards. While the strange, psychic static kept their heads clogged with discomforting feelings, they were determined to see it through.

The chamber opened wide enough ahead that while the moss hung dripping from the ceiling, Kaliban could see the meenlock they had followed, knee-deep in a marshy pool. Moss shifted and another meenlock appeared, twisted and wrinkled from time and moisture. It stirred as if it had been sleeping and began to shuffle toward the group.

OOC: The moss hides some deeper pools near the entrance to the chamber. I'm going to get everyone to roll a dc12 DEX save or step in a deep spot and be restrained until the end of their first turn. Once you roll that check, I'll post the start of combat.

Remove ads