• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

"Be my guest, Zack." He turns to the warrior woman. "That was a close one for you, though, Sara. How are your ribs? that plant sure had you tight."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Steve Jung said:
"Be my guest, Zack." He turns to the warrior woman. "That was a close one for you, though, Sara. How are your ribs? that plant sure had you tight."

Sara attempts a fancy sword draw and winces slightly. "Yeah, still a little ow-y... Maybe you oughta wack me with the healing stick a couple of times. If the landscape is gonna be attacking us, I guess I shouldn't wait to sleep it off...."

ooc: Sara took a total of 22 damage and was already healed for 10.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Dalamar said:
Here I was thinking that loot always came clean and polished as a default ;)

ooc: well, once you wipe off the compost, any acidic content could have done a bit of polish.... is the assassin vine a tomato plant? ;)

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
.... is the assassin vine a tomato plant? ;)

Actually, it's a lot more similar to a Grape Vine. You can even make wine from its fruit, in the correct season.

The rest of the day passes relatively peacefully, some more travelling is accomplished and Charlarn heals the party to the peak of good health. Setting up camp that night, the party does its best to shelter itself from the weather, but the temperature drops steeply during the night.

Severe Cold effects the party. Those with proper equipment (winter blankets at the minimum) need only make one saving throw at DC 15. Those without need to make a saving throw at each of the following DCs: 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19. (A total of 5 saves.)

For each missed save, take 1d6 nonlethal damage. If you take any nonlethal damage, you are fatigued from hypothermia.

Also, feel free to make survival checks to protect yourself from the weather, which may provide saving throw bonuses for the skill user and/or his or her companions. This check can be made untrained, as I recall.

If Iggy takes damage during the night, each time will add one hour to the time needed to get enough sleep to regain spells. Divine casters do not appear to suffer from this problem.

You will be going higher into the pass tomorrow. You may wish to note any changes in memorized spells.

Xael

First Post
OOC: Ducane fails all his rolls. If somebody manages to succeed at the survival roll and helps Ducane with it (need at least 16 to help one other person), he succeeds all but the last fortitude save. :confused:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara makes all but two of her fort saves, and suffers minor crankiness from it... She tries to help Iggy by agressivly snuggling him and aids his attempts to stay warm. (+2 to iggy's survival check from aid another) She wakes cranky and unrested as if she had slept in her armor.....

edit: with charlarn's aid, sara only misses one of her saves, for 5 subdual damage rather than 8. She's still cranky.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy wraps himself in his winter blanket and his bedroll as he snuggles up for the night. He accepts a snuggle from Sara, in the name of warmth, and is glad darkness has fallen early so no one can see him blush, or anything else that Eric's grandmother shouldn't see.

Fort save: 4+4+2(sara)=10. Still a miserable failure. He'll try to get some extra sleep and settle for his standard spells.

Remove ads