• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Charlarn curses his lack of foresight in leaving his winter blanket back at the Red Dragon. He looks around for shelter from the cold (Survival check 21). He finds a wooded area that provides a wind break. (+4 on Fort saves against severe weather for him and up to 6 others). "Over here. We can set up camp here." By moving around and massaging his limbs, the cleric manages to avoid frostbite. Looking up at the sky he tries to figure out if the weather will get warmer (Survival check 16).

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light, mending;
1-bless, endure elements (2), sanctuary*;
2-hold person, locate object*, status.
*Domain spell.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Is the party ready to press on, or do you wish to make some plans fist?

Unseen by the adventurers, the DM begins to cast Bigby's Plot-Advancing Hand... :)

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Hope it's warm enough during the day that Zack can start working off that nonlethal damage, otherwise he'll keel over from the cold next night.
But yeah, ready to forge ahead.

Manzanita

First Post
"Charlarn, can you learn some spells that would help us resist this cold? In any case, we may as well press on. We'll want to have a fire tomorrow night, so we'll want to stop in plenty of time to collect firewood. It would be nice to find a sheltered campsite as well. It's more important that we stay warm than that we make good time, I'd think."

Steve Jung

Explorer

"I have asked Lady Phyrah for a couple prayers that will shield a traveler from the cold for a day. I've also learned many ways to keep warm. Layers of clothing work well. It'll probably snow soon and the higher we go, the colder it will get."

Survival check: 21 (+2 bonus on all Fort saves against severe weather while moving up to half speed, for himself and up to 6 others)
OOC: How can I tell who should get his two endure elements spells?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Steve Jung said:
"I have asked Lady Phyrah for a couple prayers that will shield a traveler from the cold for a day. I've also learned many ways to keep warm. Layers of clothing work well. It'll probably snow soon and the higher we go, the colder it will get."

"You should give one of those spells to iggy, even with his blanket and me trying to warm him up, I think he was too cold to work on his magical stuff. Oh, and maybe you should pass around some wacking with the wand, I think the new guys got frostbit.... I'm a little stiff, but I'll be fine."

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Wand-whacking won't help us since cold-induced nonlethal can't be recovered untill you warm up again, even magically if you take the text literally.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Kahuna Burger said:
"You should give one of those spells to iggy, even with his blanket and me trying to warm him up, I think he was too cold to work on his magical stuff."
Charlarn says through chattering teeth, "You weren't able to warm him up? I didn't think you were one who could fail at anything you set your mind to. Let me take a look at him. Hold still, Ignatious. Let the Searcher protect you from Shurassa's wrath." He casts endure elements on Ignatious.

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light, mending;
1-bless, endure elements, endure elements, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, locate object*, status.
*Domain spell.

OOC: Is there a deity of winter/cold? Shurassa's description doesn't quite fit.

Remove ads