• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A crapload of new users?

OrChasmatron

First Post
Hey there. I'm Chas. I have been playing D&D since 1984. I have also played Star Wars (weg), Robotech, Travellers, and Gamma World. I have been visiting this site for about 2 years.

Stuff on my desk:

Large Stack of Bills
Lightbulbs
Veggie Tales Coloring Book
Dirty bowl and spoon
2 DVDs
Joystick and Headphones
Picture of my son
Several floppy disks scattered everywhere
St. Louis Blues mini goalie mask
Box of pens

Starglim

Explorer
I've been a reader of the site for a few years, and had a few things to say on other lists about Alternity, Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars and various other topics. Currently playing in a low-magic Forgotten Realms game, with a Star Wars game on hold, and several PBeMs.

On my table: headphones, coffee cup that I've had since high school with some cold coffee in it, calendar still turned to last month, wallet, keys, spare key, two swipe cards, pen.

Toscadero

Explorer
Another lurker. Been visiting every day since Eric's sight some 6 months prior to 3E coming out. That's what got me back into gaming after a 3 year hiatus. Visit the site daily, but rarely post.

Sadly, there is no gaming stuff on my desktop. If I set some down I would loose it amongst all of the other clutter. The center is about 4 inches deep in paper, magazines, etc. All from the past month. I clean it off once a month when the overspill hits the floor ( and the bills need paying).

scott-fs

First Post
die_kluge said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an influx lately of new users (or at least, new de-lurkers).

So, if you're one of these people, stand up and introduce yourself!

I returned to these forums, mostly as a result of googling for an Unearthed Arcana SRD, and got pointed to what was a 21 page thread that devolved into posts about copyright infringement, and filesharing, etc. Before then, I "joined" and apparently I had made about 10-15 posts before disappearing. The next thread that brought me back here was the Filesharing thread and how it's affected the RPG market. From there I glance at the various other topics that might hold some interest. It's interesting to note that those are the only two threads in which I've actually gone through and read each right to the end (even when joining them when finding them only at page 10).

I've found that there is just too much on these boards to assimilate (and I thought the Harnforum (http://www.harnforum.com) was difficult to assimilate when I first joined it a few months back), and have not gone anywhere beyond the General RPG discussion forum. I'm also simply amazed about some of the members here that have posted as many times as they have.

I usually visit only once per day (if that at all), and usually only when I have many hours of spare time, and only read a select few topics on the first page of the forum postings.

Nightingale 7

First Post
I guess I can be considered a lurker too,since I only post oftenly in Jollydock's Story Hour.

Right now on my desk are:2 bic pens,an eraser,my Ericsson T610 cellphone,my Silver Marches book(I'm first-time DMing a group of friends in the FR.I gotta prepare!) and my LOTR Extended DVDs(how'd they get here?)

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Introductions

Hello all!

My name is Jeff Ibach, my wife Dawn and I have two beautiful daughters, two funky cats, live in Mount Holly New Jersey, and I've been playing Dungeons & Dragons since January 1st 1980. Dawn and I wrote AEG's Toolbox, and have our names splattered (proundly) in many d20 books.

My de-lurking comes from a step-back in the hobby. I've been nearly chained to a keyboard the past two years and finally realized my greatest enjoyment comes from the work I put into the game I run (not that writing and getting involved in the industry wasn't the completely super, it was fantastic and taught me a lot). So my time's been spent recently posting and reading at EN World because no matter how long you've been gaming D&D, you can always learn more.

Desktop: 1 roaming cat (Bishop), computer & scanner, dragon candle, assortment of Xena 12" figures, Anakin & Padme figures, a talking orignal Trek Enterprise, envelopes, printer, and a handful of books to put up on EBay.

-DM Jeff

Last edited:

spectre72

First Post
die_kluge said:
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an influx lately of new users (or at least, new de-lurkers).
QUOTE]

I have been keeping track of ENWORLD for quite some time, but had not paid alot aof attention to the forums until recently.

I have been playing RPG's for a LOOONG time (red box basic D&D - one manual and keep on the borderlands with the dice that you colored with the crayon), but also play mini's, CCG's, and an occasional board game.

I am from Vermont which some would consider a curse, but for those of you who have not read some of my other posts I have a large organized group that I play with :D

Current RPG's are a once a month campaign with ARGGH (http://www.rutins.com/arggh/index.html), 2 PBEM games as a player, and 1 PBEM that I run. In addition we play an occasional one-shot RPG, mini battles, and an occasional card game.

And as for my computer desk; dice, bills, rpg books for my current PBEM, and assorted software.

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Detomo delurking for a few seconds.

Been a lurker a couple years, just started posting.

Things on desk:

Various cutlery and plates
A can of Stella Artois
The Streets and a Slipknot album
Menu for a local Chinese
Notes from various campaigns running or planning
Some mints
Toothpaste.

Now back to lurking

Hi, I VERY new here (half hour, max) and I'm glad I noticed this I want to introduce myself and my favorite PC. Barbarian1 Str18 Dex16 Con17 Int12 Wis5 Cha15 (my Wis is technicly 11 in my cerent gain 'cuz the DM won't let me redose it plus I need will saves. (Note: Frenzieed berzerkers rock with five levels in occult slayer.)

Remove ads