• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A crapload of new users?

Alhazred

First Post
The name's Alhazred.

I've been a lurker for quite a while, relying on the review section to guide my purchases. Why I didn't join sooner, can't really say. Indeed, I should be working on finishing my thesis and not reading and posting, but the messageboards are so much more interesting :p

Big Cthulhu fan (hence the handle), D&D, Spycraft. Also do d20Modern and Stargate. Primarily a GM, but also a player.

I've been gaming since the early 1990s, introduced to D&D by a friend whilst at his cottage. In gamer hiatus when I moved to Ontario (from Montreal to K-W, in the mid-1990s) and didn't back in full-time until my undergrad years, in the late 1990s. I've played steadily since then. (For any readers attending Univ. of Waterloo, Watsfic is a great gamers club - it's where I met most of the fellows with whom I now game.)

Later

Last edited:

I guess I'm sort of new to posting here. Lurked for a while until around February. Posted and then went to lurking, and I am posting again, which is to everyone detriment I'm sure :)

My name is Dallas Parsons and I've been playing rpgs(D&D mostly) for about 9 years now getting my start in 2ed. Right now I'm running a 3.5 edition Forgotten Realms campaign while working on my homebrew campaign which should be ready by time this one ends.

Anyways, nice to meet all the new posters and here is what's on my desk.

-Monitor, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad
-1-3 of Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight manga.
-Inquest #28.
-A school book for an english class.
-Dragon Mag #299
-An odd lava lamp-like thing that has a ramp and these little orbs that shoot to the top and go down the ramp.
-Two small plastic figures of super saiyan trunks and cell(more like a green cell jr.) from many years ago.
-Box of approx. 20-30 floppy disks.
-Large glass that is empty(had ice tea about thirty minutes ago)
-Assortment of school work, disks, and other junk.

it is a small desk really.

Last edited:

Jim Hague

First Post
Sure, I'll chime in. Jim Hague, contributing author on The World's Largest Dungeon and The Rapier's Edge. Been gaming for...uh...what year is it again? 2004? 17 years.

Desk contents:

(1) Stapler
(1) City of Heroes Strategy Guide
(1) Copy Glen Cook's 'The Black Comapny'
(several) Sharpies
(1) Ziplock brand storage bag full of poker chips used with...
(1) Spycraft GM's Screen (Break DC Shoddy, Standard, Food...)
(1) High-quality jester's hat.

Why yes, I am a geek, why d'you ask?

dead

Explorer
I'm new.

I had a shaky start. With my first few posts I was beaten, bashed and raped by long-time users. The cry went out: "Troll, troll, troll!" I was held down while one person sliced off my genitals only to watch them regenerate; another pushed a hot iron into my eyeball only to watch it explode in a spray of gory jelly.

I deserved all of this, however.

My first few posts were not very well researched and made a fair few generalisations. EN World is the first Message Board that I've ever been on, and I've learnt that you must be very careful not to offend others.

I've become a better person for this. In fact, my mind has been opened by many people. The flame and acid wielders never opened my mind, however.

Ironclad

First Post
Evening all...

I would be one of the unwashed "crapload"... :cool: :cool:

So a hearty g'day (to use the cliche')

Around my table that passes for a desk...

A hacky sack, a craft knife, an awful amount of photocopied articles and books for the essay I am working well at procrastinating at, assorted CDs, disks, a few receipts and a lot of post-it notes.

And an empty coffee cup... I must attend to that

Cheers

Ironclad :cool:

Hida Bukkorosu

First Post
hi, i mostly lurk and sometimes go through bouts of posting.

i'm a 26 year old boy who lives the lifestyle of a 19-20 year old (undergrad student still financially dependent on parents). i turn 27 this summer and graduate next spring.

i live in the DFW area for the most part (i've been living there on a schoolyear basis since fall 2000, and this fall i'm moving there on a more permanent basis).

i've always been a gamer at my core, but for a good part of my life put gaming on the backburner while i searched for my identity in other things (politics/religion and later religion/music) but when it comes down to it, the thing i've always enjoyed more than anything else is playing games, be they board, video, rpg, card, whatever.

i recently tried dming for the first time with an online game which fell apart about a month ago.

my most recent live table group (savage worlds) seems to be on indefinite hold while members deal with issues of new parenthood. i have another group which meets once a month and plays a different rpg every session.

i'm an avid player of the l5r CCG, i'm a big Star Wars fanboy (to the point where I actually defend the much-maligned Jar Jar), my favorite comic book character is Impulse, my favorite board game is Shogun/Samurai Swords, and my favorite video game of all time is TIE Fighter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads