• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A First Real Look At The Reincarnated 'Into The Borderlands'!

Goodman Games has posted a whole pile of photos of its 5th Edition conversion of Into The Borderlands. First announced in March 2017, these books were available for pre-order in January of this year. Now, the pre-orders are shipping very soon, and photos abound! This is the first in a series of "Original Adventures Reincarnated" line. (Thanks to Jeremy for the scoop!)

Goodman Games has posted a whole pile of photos of its 5th Edition conversion of Into The Borderlands. First announced in March 2017, these books were available for pre-order in January of this year. Now, the pre-orders are shipping very soon, and photos abound! This is the first in a series of "Original Adventures Reincarnated" line. (Thanks to Jeremy for the scoop!)

The hardcover includes:

· Restored scans of two complete printings of the original B1: In Search of the Unknown. Specifically, the second and sixth printings, one featuring the original monochrome cover and the other featuring the later color cover by Darlene.
· Three complete monster and treasure assortments for stocking the dungeons of In Search of the Unknown (which are “un-stocked” in the original 1E edition).
· Restored scans of two complete printings of the original B2: The Keep on the Borderlands. Specifically the second and fourth printings. These are distinguished the change in monster stats between the two printings (Dexterity scores were included in early printings). The later printing also features six interior illustrations that were not present in earlier printings.
· A complete, “pure” 5E conversion of In Search of the Unknown, including tables for stocking it with creatures.
· A separate chapter with a few new encounters for the Caverns of Quasqueton, all inspired by references in the original work.
· A complete, “pure” 5E conversion of The Keep on the Borderlands.
· A separate chapter with a few new encounters for The Keep on the Borderlands, all inspired by references in the original work.
· Appendices with 5E stats for newly introduced monsters, hirelings and followers, and magic items.
· A chapter of introductions and testimonials.

You can read the full interview with Chris Doyle on Goodman Games site.

ITB_COver.JPG

gg2.jpg

gg3.jpg

gg4.jpg

gg5.jpg

gg6.jpg

gg7.jpg

gg8.jpg

gg9.jpg

gg10.jpg

PyroArrow

Explorer
I got my copy of "Into The Borderlands" today (4/2/2018)! only thing is, is that there is a warp on the inside back cover, (similar to the two the Lost Caverns of Archaia book had on the inside front cover) and the upper outside right hand corner of the front of the book has a few dinks in it!! It also arrived with some of the packing popcorn in the book, so the book came open during shipping!

It also came with a poster for Grimtooth's Trapsylvania kickstarter coming soon and 2017 Goodman games catalog. Really nice book.

I do hope they release some sort of supplemental PDF at least though, with color semi-realistic maps and tokens and artwork so we can use them for VTT and print them out for real tabletop!

SpellJammer16

Apprentice of the Seventh Circle of Mystery
Wasn't sure how I felt about this Ultimatum when ordering direct after reading this:

• Collector-quality copies: We are unfortunately not able to guarantee “collector-quality” copies. Even if the copy we package is pristine, we cannot guarantee that the mail carrier will deliver it pristine. If you are a collector looking for a “perfect” copy of a book, please be advised that we do not accept returns due to the normal wear-and-tear of the mail order process.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Wasn't sure how I felt about this Ultimatum when ordering direct after reading this:

• Collector-quality copies: We are unfortunately not able to guarantee “collector-quality” copies. Even if the copy we package is pristine, we cannot guarantee that the mail carrier will deliver it pristine. If you are a collector looking for a “perfect” copy of a book, please be advised that we do not accept returns due to the normal wear-and-tear of the mail order process.

Well, if you are are that concerned about minor dings, slightly bent corners, and the like, it is probably best to get a copy from your FLGS, so you can inspect the physical copy before purchasing it. Note that they say "normal wear-and-tear of the mail order process." If your book comes with serious damage, I'm would expect (I certainly hope) that they would replace it. The need for this disclaim certainly arose from some customers being upset by minor dings that most people would not even notice.

darjr

I crit!
They package their books especially well. At least everyone I’ve gotten from them. The big MA book came in a box, within a box, Within a shipping box.

PyroArrow

Explorer
I do get a lot of damaged items in the mail, however it is Not the carrier's fault all the time. It is mostly the flimsy packaging that does not protect the item(s) at all, or not enough cushioning material used.

Also these books are not being shrinkwrapped to help protect it farther. I got both copies with the popcorn in between the pages of the books but luckily no damage there.

Yes, my second gift copy came today with a torn warp on the inside back cover and the same line below the words of the B1 module.

These packages should have also been sent Insured as well! Then they would not need that B.S. Disclaimer at all!

Yes I do want to return them. Now I see I am screwed, geez oh man.

Volund

Explorer
Mine was delivered today, 2 days after shipping notice. FWIW:
1) Loose book packed in peanuts that had shifted inside front and back cover. No shrink wrap so you don't want this sitting in weather on your porch.
2) My book arrived in excellent shape. No noticeable marks or dings on the cover. Better than core rulebooks shipped to me from B&N for sure.

SpellJammer16

You know what would have been cool?
To get the tracking number in the Email they sent me.
Or to be able to see the tracking number in my Account on their site.
Now something is sitting on my doorstep in the snow and I can't get to it for awhile... probably this book :(

Last edited by a moderator:

PyroArrow

Explorer
You know what would have been cool?
To get the tracking number in the Email they sent me.
Or to be able to see the tracking number in my Account on their site.
I don't even see any way to contact them in the online store site.
Now something is sitting on my doorstep in the snow and I can't get to it for awhile... probably this book :(

Yea, I was surprised no tracking number as well, but then again, the delivery people don't keep it really all that constantly updated anyways, until the day it's in your town.
I got the 1st notice the day the first book was delivered then the 2nd notice for the 2nd copy the next day, when the 2nd one arrived.

They have a way to contact them on this buried page, this is were that Bogus Disclaimer is:
http://goodman-games.com/store/2016/09/27/store-policies/

The Disclaimer should actually read something like this because it sure seems this way:
"Opps the print run of the books sometimes give us a bad batch & we don't wrap our books in plastic & we skimp on packing material so the product may bounce around all over inside the box, so we came up with this lame excuse, because we're to lazy to add postal insurance."

SpellJammer16

Thanks! I did eventually find the contact info.
I get like a package a every day and I'm pretty good with keeping up with the USPS lack of updates and bogus updates lol.
My new favorite curveball they throw me is they give me a scan of every piece of mail I'm getting each day and and the tracking number for any packages coming.
The scans are usually right but the tracking number portion of this is more wrong than it is right! Seems like they use the estimated date when the package was first shipped or something...
I usually need the number to decide if I'm going to use my lunch to get my mail or not so it still comes in handy though!

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads