Spelljammer A look at 30 Spelljammer Minis

briggart

Adventurer
Not to my knowledge. They were also quite bulky. Here’s an example of ssuran art from 4e:
View attachment 156691
Wow, this guy looks much more intimidating than the 2e Ssurran:
ssurran.gif

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'll make peace with subclasses as psionics when they give me a psionic caster that isn't about tentacles. A plain-Jane mind mage/psychic soul type psionic devoid of Far Realm motifs.
It's easy enough to refluff in Tasha's. The Fighter and Rogue don't really go there.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Nightmare Beasts, Ssurans (which look more like 2e dray if you ask me), Thri-Kreen, and Braxats.

All Dark Sun monsters. I’m now fully convinced that Dark Sun is this year’s cameo and I really hope they release Dark Sun next year.
With all these Dar Sun minis, I think Athas might be one of the Planets of the Week, yup.

darjr

I crit!
View attachment 156686View attachment 156687View attachment 156688View attachment 156689

Chwingas are tiny, fey-like elementals (apparently there was a bit of debate during development as to what what creature type they should be) with variants based on their environment whose main mechanical benefit is that they can grant a charm (like the ones from the DMG) once per day. They first appeared in Tomb of Annihilation before later returning in Rime of the Frost Maiden, Candlekeep Mysteries, and now Spelljammer (the last image is from the cover art for Boo's Astral Menagerie).

They haven't been very important or even featured that prominently, but somebody over at WotC must really like them.
Not that prominent?!? I’ll have you know they TPKd our party.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
True, but the Aberrant Mind is too Lovecraft for generic psionic casters. I'd like a more generic or at least less Far Realm version of psionics to go with it.
Easily changed: the only Subclass ability that is even a challenge to respond, Revelation in Flesh at Level 14 (aka "Level Never Going to Come Up"), and thst specifically offers guidance on refluffing in the fluff description.

Remove ads